Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Nemanja

Sorry if this topic was brought up before...I quickly rifled through forum and couldn't find maximum travel distance of Phantom 4.

I managed to pull off around 14.2 KM of total flight distance(46916 feet), 7 KM in one direction.

The battery was at 97% before flight, and I made a couple of small flight mistakes, so I guess maximum flight distance of Phantom 4 is 15 KM, provided you're willing to risk the vehicle(and environment below)?
    Meaning that if you want to return, you can't go further than 7.5 KM away from takeoff?

I used simple antenna boosters that can be ordered for around $15.
    The battery was pretty much brand new, 1-3 of hours of use, at most.

I realize Phantom 4 is not supposed to be used for long distance flights, but hey, if someone wants this info, there you go!

Here's the actual video:

2. r62ewa

Have a look at this forum for flight distances others have accomplished with the Phantom 4 using various configurations.

Official P4 Range Leaderboard

3. Nemanja

I guess I should have emphasized of using stock setup, aside from cheap aluminum antenna booster.
    I wasn't aware about all these mods available..
    I can't compare with someone who has battery modifications and pilots aircraft through a desk/station, lol :D

I don't think I even have an option to obtain most of these mods.

That was helpful, thanks!

4. ftttu

Nice run. I'd a been having a heart attach anywhere close to 5%.

I did my longest run yesterday on P mode at 3 miles. I don't know if my windsurfers worked or not. I just know my battery level told me to turn around and come back home.

I will eventually do a Sport mode run at about 29/30 mph to see what I can get with my windsurfers and 32 channel hack.

5. r62ewa

That list has stock setup included, of course those using stock are slowly getting pushed off the standings. There is talk of maintaining just a stock list.

From watching your video you flew most of the distance in Sports mode at 'full throttle'? I see you were doing a constant 72 km/h on the way out but got a slight headwind on the way back and went 59 km/h or so. Watching your video, I thought it would be terrible timing if your phantom decided to land on that highway near the end when you were at like 5% battery.

6. stefan350

Jealous, the max I can get was 9500ft using the reflectors.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app