Phantom 4 flying forward

Reaction score
Am I right in saying the red flashing lights on the drones arms indicate where the front of the drone is, is there anyway on the screen which is connected to the controller where I can see if the drone is facing forward, is it correct that the obstacle avoidance only works when it is flying forward hence why I would like to know.

I hope this makes sense

Regards

Am I right in saying the red flashing lights on the drones arms indicate where the front of the drone is
The front lights should be solid red. But, yes, they are always red so you can tell which side is the front of the aircraft.

is there anyway on the screen which is connected to the controller where I can see if the drone is facing forward
The aircraft symbol in the center of the radar at the bottom, left of DJI GO shows which direction the aircraft is facing. Try walking around your Phantom when it's sitting on the ground to see how that symbol changes.

DjiGo.png

is it correct that the obstacle avoidance only works when it is flying forward
Yes.

Reactions: Yiannis.B
This may sound a bit of a silly question but how would I know where I am in relation to that or is that the big where it says 232m and then an arrow pointing to the right?

Thanks again for your help.

how would I know where I am in relation to that or is that
Your location is always at the bottom, center of the radar image. It'll make more sense if you place your Phantom on the ground and walk around it to see how the radar changes.

Ok cheers for the information, I'm a newbie, you can probably tell!! :) Can I ask also can you set it to fly to a building/point say 1.5- 2 miles away, sort of like a journey planner, if so will it give you an eta of how long it would take, how many miles etc?

Thanks

Ok cheers for the information, I'm a newbie, you can probably tell!! :) Can I ask also can you set it to fly to a building/point say 1.5- 2 miles away, sort of like a journey planner, if so will it give you an eta of how long it would take, how many miles etc?

Thanks

The Litchi app will do exactly what you just described.

Thanks

I am glad you are on here getting your questions answered, but it is SCARY that you are launching something in the air that you don't understand! If you are in the US, you need to fly line of sight. Which means you need to control it via looking directly at it. 1 to 2 miles away is NOT line of sight.

Your controller is MODE 2. You should really understand what that means.

Please take the time to learn about this very dangerous object you intend to launch into the sky. For the sake of yourself, and especially for others. Some reading may be required. This means research other than asking questions on a forum.

In short, you should know which lights are indicator lights on the front or the back of the craft, without having to ask.

Trial and error is fine for something on the ground. When you launch a 2 pound object into the air that has for blades on it that can cut fingers, you need to be a little more careful.

Please be responsible!

According to the manual, the red lights are on the front. You also can deduce this by just by noticing that the red lights are on the same side as the camera lens (which faces forward). Obstacle avoidance only works in the forward direction, also in the manual. Litchi is the app you're looking for. Be sure to read the manual for that too and read everything you can find about Litchi in the forum.

I am glad you are on here getting your questions answered, but it is SCARY that you are launching something in the air that you don't understand! If you are in the US, you need to fly line of sight. Which means you need to control it via looking directly at it. 1 to 2 miles away is NOT line of sight.

Your controller is MODE 2. You should really understand what that means.

Please take the time to learn about this very dangerous object you intend to launch into the sky. For the sake of yourself, and especially for others. Some reading may be required. This means research other than asking questions on a forum.

In short, you should know which lights are indicator lights on the front or the back of the craft, without having to ask.

Trial and error is fine for something on the ground. When you launch a 2 pound object into the air that has for blades on it that can cut fingers, you need to be a little more careful.

Please be responsible!

With respect i haven't taken it 1-2 miles i was merely asking, i am flying it in a field with full eyesight on it, as with everything in life just reading a manual does not always give you all the answers you need hence why i was asking questions and wanted confirmation on a few things.

I have also spent many hours reseaching all kinds of stuff on it but as there is so much it is hard to try and remember it all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl