Phantom 4 Failed update?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a very very very big problem with my Bird. And i hope to get it fixed a soon as possible. I contacted DJI about the issue but they told me to ship it back, no way. I'm going on holiday in a few days, so no time for that.

Good, i updated the firmware and suddenly my Phone's battery give it up and the donwload was failed.
The problem that i have right now is:

- No Live Feed. (Black screen, only Telemetry(battery etc etc))

What i tried:

- Trying to flash the software again with DJI assistant 2. Didn't work. By the transmitting status the App crashed. Tried multiply SD cards, USB ports, USB cables, Diffrent PC, No Luck.
- Tried to downgrade the RC, TOTAL NO LUCK. Lost RC linking, had to upgrade it again.
- Re-installed DJI Go, DJI Assistant 2. NO Luck.

Strange things:

-I'm not getting a firmware version from the Assistant 2 or DJI-Go App. So i don't know what the version is.
- LED next to USB port is blinking Red, Green, Red Green.
- I can Arm the motors, so RC linking is fine.
- I'm not getting the message in DJI Go that i should update (I guess because it can't receive my Firmware version)

How can i solve this big mess? I would like to fly on my holiday :(

Thank you in advance Guys.

My drone died 2 two times trying to update it with the firmware in DJI Assistant 2. Just froze the status bar. Check back later in the day or the next day and the link may be there, it was for me. I also let it drain a whole battery sitting idle overnight, not sure if that made the difference but the link did show up. Thats all the help i can offer, im totally new, about to go fly now

My drone died 2 two times trying to update it with the firmware in DJI Assistant 2. Just froze the status bar. Check back later in the day or the next day and the link may be there, it was for me. I also let it drain a whole battery sitting idle overnight, not sure if that made the difference but the link did show up. Thats all the help i can offer, im totally new, about to go fly now
Thanks for your reply. The problem is that assistent crashes when it try to transmit the firmware to my drone. I guess my drone is firmware less.

Transmission the firmware using assistant 2 app, the last time it crashed and froze, the syatus bar was 89%. When the link was finally available again for me today, amazingly it started at 89%. Takes a whole day for the link to show up again for me when assistant 2 crashes. Like i was saying i also recharged the battery after each crash and let it sit in the drone with the remote off and die (takes hours) but that is because someone said they had to leave their bird on for an hour or so and their link reset. Man, hope anything i said helps. Took me 3 days literally to get mine off the ground.

Transmission the firmware using assistant 2 app, the last time it crashed and froze, the syatus bar was 89%. When the link was finally available again for me today, amazingly it started at 89%. Takes a whole day for the link to show up again for me when assistant 2 crashes. Like i was saying i also recharged the battery after each crash and let it sit in the drone with the remote off and die (takes hours) but that is because someone said they had to leave their bird on for an hour or so and their link reset. Man, hope anything i said helps. Took me 3 days literally to get mine off the ground.
Tried my best. I let 3 batteries dying on my PC still on 0% transmitting. No luck of me i guess ;(

Im sorry, that's not good news. I had two people on my raging post with my problems who also has similar luck. I read people were successful with leaving a firmware update on an SD card and putting it in the drone itself. Maybe search on here for keywords related to "had to put the drone in another room from it beeping" "had to put it in a box" "drone update sd card" or something. People said it would make this horrible noise during the process etc. Said there was no indication to tell if the drone was updating but after some time it managed to and the sounds stopped

Whatever you do, best of luck, even if you dont have luck with the DJI brand. Its worth it when you see the video in 4K from up above.

Im sorry, that's not good news. I had two people on my raging post with my problems who also has similar luck. I read people were successful with leaving a firmware update on an SD card and putting it in the drone itself. Maybe search on here for keywords related to "had to put the drone in another room from it beeping" "had to put it in a box" "drone update sd card" or something. People said it would make this horrible noise during the process etc. Said there was no indication to tell if the drone was updating but after some time it managed to and the sounds stopped

Whatever you do, best of luck, even if you dont have luck with the DJI brand. Its worth it when you see the video in 4K from up above.
Thanks,
I think i tried everything right now. DJI should fix there [EXPLETIVE REMOVED], what a stupid company. Looks like apple ;3 Nice design, but [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] software.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT