Phantom 4 constantly beeping when turned No connection to computer or controller

Reaction score
I purchased a almost new phantom 4 drone that had fresh water damage. The drone would constantly beep in a constant fashion when turned on, no varying beeping pattern. It would not connect to a computer or the controller. First of all, I am a computer technician so I have repaired many computers, phones, tablets and other devices over the last 30 years that have had different degrees of water damage so I am familiar with all that and have gotten very good at that. I have disassembled the drone down to the boards, properly cleaned all components of any residue and reassembled. After reassembly the beeping has not changed, nor will it connect. I get a flicker on the motors when turned on and some lights on the motors (might still have a esc board damaged but the main concern to begin with is the connection). There are 2 other boards, the processor board under the heat sink and the main board on the vibration pad. I am not sure which one I should tackle first since I am not sure what controls which aspect of the drone. First, can anyone tell me what each of these boards control? And second, has anyone come up with a similar situation that I might be able to try? I have tried to find replacements for these boards but really don't want to just try and start replacing parts that might not help with the problem. Thanks for any help.

newby here, need help with service brisbane area.
Put drone in check in baggage and now it saying "has weak signal issue". Any advice to look into it much appreciated.
Thank you

Have you tried pairing it to your RC. Maybe it lost its way and doesn't see the RC. Give it a try.

no problem with pairing with RC. apparently it is connecting to the joystick, once the joystick is calibrated is the beep is gone.
But now the aircraft is not going to fly, the alert saying "waiting till MUI is initialization, do not move the aircraft until it is done"
any idea what to do?
thanks a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan