Phantom 4 Black Edition

You may have to ask if your local Best Buy has any Black P4's in stock. My local store does not have them on display but they do have them in stock.
I actually just picked up 2 sets of the Black 9450s props from my local BB and was told they were the last ones they had on the warehouse shelves.
e0f8a0cd4f38ecbd90117fc3581312f2.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I just picked up a few Black Props and 1 Black battery. Is it me or do the black props look more of a really dark grey?

Attachments

• IMG_8856.JPG
    IMG_8856.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 409
Reactions: ftttu
I just picked up a few Black Props and 1 Black battery. Is it me or do the black props look more of a really dark grey?
I agree and I'm glad you mentioned this. I thought the same thing regarding the color of the props. More like muted black or grey in my opinion also. Seems to only be the props that are not pitch black when compared to the black battery and the p4 shell.
Dark grey they are. Not Black.

Reactions: X5GEE
That's pretty much what my setup will be on Christmas day. My black battery and a couple of boxes of black props will go under the tree just so I can have a something else to open. Also, I will probably fly two white props on front and the black on the back.

Reactions: X5GEE
I love my typhoon h. I don't know if you are aware but you can lose a couple props and still fly it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
One of the benefits of flying a Hex. Loose a prop or two and come home and land safety. Loose a single prop on a quad and it's Flight over.

You are the first person I've heard that they don't offer DJI care for the model. Is that model "special" other than being a "special edition?" That doesn't make sense to me at all.
DJI told me that they are not offering the DJI care on the special edition, I guess the black plastic will be to hard to replace?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DJI told me that they are not offering the DJI care on the special edition, I guess the black plastic will be to hard to replace?

How did you take that news? I never desired to get DJI Care, but if I did, I would fight a little just for general principles. If it was known as the DJI Best Buy Black Friday Special Addition, I'd like to see at least Best Buy provide something similar to Care.

I love my typhoon h. I don't know if you are aware but you can lose a couple props and still fly it.

I use to have a Typhoon H with Real Sense. It was a sweet kit for a few days, until it had a Motor failure. My second unit had the ST16 controller go bananas...I will say that Yuneec's customer service was awesome. I really liked the Typhoon H, but I had to let it go because I couldn't trust it.
IMG_0276.JPG IMG_0274.JPG IMG_0277.JPG

How did you take that news? I never desired to get DJI Care, but if I did, I would fight a little just for general principles. If it was known as the DJI Best Buy Black Friday Special Addition, I'd like to see at least Best Buy provide something similar to Care.

As this is my first drone, I was upset. Then I realized that at 25% of the cost of the drone, it is expensive anyway. But they both, DJI and Best Buy should have made it known upfront, not after I opened it activated it. Sent an email, called, and used the online DJI and the DJI forum before I finally got an answer back via email saying sorry.

But hey, at this point I will just do a lot in beginner mode to get the hang of it. Plus where I live, there are not trees, just lots of desert, so not a lot to run into.

As this is my first drone, I was upset. Then I realized that at 25% of the cost of the drone, it is expensive anyway. But they both, DJI and Best Buy should have made it known upfront, not after I opened it activated it. Sent an email, called, and used the online DJI and the DJI forum before I finally got an answer back via email saying sorry.

But hey, at this point I will just do a lot in beginner mode to get the hang of it. Plus where I live, there are not trees, just lots of desert, so not a lot to run into.

Still just crazy to hear, but I guess that is par for the course for DJI.

I use to have a Typhoon H with Real Sense. It was a sweet kit for a few days, until it had a Motor failure. My second unit had the ST16 controller go bananas...I will say that Yuneec's customer service was awesome. I really liked the Typhoon H, but I had to let it go because I couldn't trust it.
View attachment 70755 View attachment 70756 View attachment 70757

Mine decided to get cozy with my chain link fence and I busted 2 props in half, flew it like that for an hour or so. Took it out today and did my preflight and noticed it. While looking for the prop removal tool in the original case I found a yuneek sunshade in the box that was kinda hidden in the front styrofoam. I have black Caron fiber blades coming in the mail for my P4 and a black and silver carbon fiber looking wrap.

I managed to snag the black p4 for 850... it was only that price for a few hours and I happened to check be tracking it on bestbuy's website. The next day it was back up to 999.99

I managed to snag the black p4 for 850... it was only that price for a few hours and I happened to check be tracking it on bestbuy's website. The next day it was back up to 999.99

LUCKY!!! I missed out on the $850 price and my BestBuy wouldn't honor it.

First one came with a DOA battery this one doesn't update the firmware or at least I'm trying to update it for 3 days straight.

P3S was a breeze to set it up compared to this. If I manage to control to the aircraft I lose either video or control of the gimbal.

Otherwise it looks amazing and it was a great price. Which makes me very indecisive if I go back to bestbuy to ask for another replacement or give this back and wait until march for mavic to be in stock

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT