Phantom 4 Black Edition

Actually I think it's a bad idea. It's starting to look like something a military force might use. In this day and age I'd prefer my drones to look as harmless as possible.

Reactions: snowghost and JWH
I actually like it, but living in the south, black would probably cause it to overheat. I'd like an orange one (like Coast Guard orange). Would be easier to see in the sky.

Not sure about black, not to mention once it is up in the air at 350 ft all I see is a dot anyways.

She sounds hideous. That would have been the right reply.
No. I had seen it when I wrote that post, and I thought it looked hideous.

I actually like it, but living in the south, black would probably cause it to overheat. I'd like an orange one (like Coast Guard orange). Would be easier to see in the sky.
Most military drones are grey as they are more difficult to see than black or white.

S5 tap'n

Reactions: QuadBart
I think it looks good. However, since it is black, it won't do me any good during the summer in my area. If I could choose a color for DJI, it would be a medium grey. I was at BB today hoping to see one in person, but no joy.

Also, when I was brainstorming about what to do about props in videos and images, I quickly thought of clear props...but only for a second. I think it would be cool to have those black props on my white P4, but I'm thinking they may do a little worse than the stock props.

To my knowledge, the new black props would be stock, basically a black OEM part.

Sent from my VS995 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure what you mean? Black skins have caused heat issues in the 100+ degree summer heat here in New Mexico and Arizona since they absorb rather than reflect the light
that's a really good point, I've been assessing materials in Thailand for their ability to deal with strong sunshine (daytime ambient usually 32C on average), as an aside white cars in Thailand traditionally cost more I kid you not...

that's a really good point, I've been assessing materials in Thailand for their ability to deal with strong sunshine (daytime ambient usually 32C on average), as an aside white cars in Thailand traditionally cost more I kid you not...
There were news reports a while back about the California Legislature wanting to ban black vehicles due to higher use of the AC during warmer months. I could see it effecting Thailand in a similar fashion due to similar reasons.

Reactions: Paul Wynter
There were news reports a while back about the California Legislature wanting to ban black vehicles due to higher use of the AC during warmer months. I could see it effecting Thailand in a similar fashion due to similar reasons.
Not in Thailand, not ever, it would mean that the Thai glitterarti would have to repaint their Black Mercs white and as they cost 300% more than the same car anywhere else (due to import taxes) they are not going to give up their rights to looking "cool", + as my dear Thai wife said, when seeing white medical service cars in a hospital car park in France for the first time, "wow lots of expensive cars", and when she saw her first few caravans being towed by cars in the UK, "wow there are a lot of mobile pharmacies in England". Sorry strayed off topic.. but it's late here and 28C at night :)

Reactions: ftttu
I wish I had the option. Black would be great. Sometimes I have a hard time seeing my white one when there are clouds behind it, even if its just several hundred feet away. My Typhoon H is a Dark Grey and that is easier to see against the sky and clouds...

Heat isn't too much of an issue where I live. It can get warm, but where I shoot isn't going to be too hot...

I know I have trouble seeing white here in Florida. The sun is so bright I can't see anything including my IPad. I wish I could find some reasonably priced VR that worked. I have Samsung's Gear but don't want to hack it up.

Factory Black from DJI with full warranty...yes please. Got one today!!! Best Buy honoring the $999 "Black Friday Extended" price was just the icing on the cake.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    670.7 KB · Views: 496
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 543
Reactions: ftttu
Factory Black from DJI with full warranty...yes please. Got one today!!! Best Buy honoring the $999 "Black Friday Extended" price was just the icing on the cake.
Are you saying that you just purchased the P4Black Today at Best Buy and that they honored the $999 Black Friday price to you?? Today ? December 4th?
I was just at Best Buy and although no P4Blacks are on Display they do have 12 in stock .

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

image.png
BB had a Black Friday "Extended" sale this weekend (not advertised). When I bought a P4 Saturday for $999 the salesperson asked if I wanted the black model? I said yes, but she couldn't sell it to me because it was ready to sell yet. I registered for a email alert when it became available to purchase. I got the email Sunday saying the black phantom was available to purchase. I went back and they exchanged the white phantom for the black phantom for me.

just wrap it in black or carbon look if you like black, lots of them out there, thats whats been done to this quad, or easier still spray it black, theres a wrap type paint that will peel off later

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20