Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. KingDad1985

When I auto take off my P4 raises about 1-2 feet and starts to yo yo up and down. Also when I auto land it seems to do the same thing but not as bad? I guess. I have my auto take off set to 1.X meters so I'm not understanding why it's only going up 1-2 feet then it looks like a yo yo until I press up on the stick. Thanks

2. Sky Architect

Have you calibrated the compass, imu, and vps on your p4 yet? I would recommend you do these things. All together shouldn't take more than an hour and I am 90% certain will fix your issue.

3. KingDad1985

The one thing I haven't done is the calibration where you use your computer screen and point the P4 aircraft at the screen in various positions. Thank you I totally forgot about it. And I'm also going to calibrate all the others over.

4. Sky Architect

Check the firmware before calibrations. I am still waiting for my P4 to get here. Maybe Tuesday:) but anyways, the vps might help, also it could be a problem with the texture of the ground. If it's a solid color vps will not register it properly. Something with texture though, should be fine. It could also be the way it thrusts, some kinda voodoo vertical whirl something. I forget about that one.

5. KingDad1985

My P3A (wife's now) doesnt do it. So I'm going to calibrate everything over but from reading multiple sites I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't calibrated the VPS with the boxes on the computer screen ( something my P3A didn't need? I'm still extremely new to all this. But one thing I do know is my P4 once in the air flew like a champ , so stable and responsive especially out of begineer mode, it was alot faster. I think it's a tad more stable than the P3A. But not by much. Both great flyers.

6. Sky Architect

Lemme know how it goes for ya, I can't wait to get mine up in the air.

7. KingDad1985

I will on this thread. I won't be able to fly until tomorrow afternoon or evening, I got to take back to bestbuy my newly purchased oled tv that isn't working right which is out of town. But once I get that exchangedone and the new one hooked up I'll be outside flying this bad boy. New favorite toy. Never thought I would enjoy the drone so much but if it keeps acting up I will be back at bestbuy to exchange for a new P4.