Phantom 3Adv Camera Pitch uncontrollable

Reaction score
Hello guys, I am currently fixing my friend Phantom 3Adv which crashed to a tree. And cannot figure out where the problem is.

The camera row axis cover and the ribbon cable were broken after the crash. I just replaced them and all looks fine. But soon I find that the pitch axis is not working properly. At first, I can still control from the RC with a little angle then it stopped. If I push it though that point the camera can move again, same situation when I control the camera up and down.

The next day, the pitch axis is uncontrollable (both C1 and the lever). Also it wouldn't dance during startup. I just switch both row and pitch motor for a little test and the pitch motor works fine in row. Is my control board for pitch action dead?

I also find that if the camera is facing down during startup, the pitch motor will move a little bit if i push it further in after startup. The camera can correct the pitch angle to face down. If I pull the camera up a little bit, the camera will jump to point straight forward, but no more motor respond after that jump.
Also, there is a video transmission lost on DJI Go app if the camera is pitched to high, seems there are some problem with the ribbon cable.

I am still working hard on the 3Adv and cannot figure out the problem, I am planning to order the pitch control board and another new ribbon cable for replacement.

In my experience with the flexible ribbon cable, and I've done a few: Be sure the ribbon is stuck on correctly. There is almost no clearance between the ribbon and the camera. The camera often gets stuck on a misplaced ribbon when trying to move around. The camera motors do not have a lot of power and can't move if it just lightly touches the ribbon.

The other thing to consider is always replace the flexible ribbon cable with OEM DJI original! There are many 3rd party ribbon cables online that seem like a good deal because they're cheap, but they don't work! Get original DJI. That alone could fix all the issues, and again, make sure the ribbon is not coming in contact with the movement of the camera and gimbal.

That's all I got.

In my experience with the flexible ribbon cable, and I've done a few: Be sure the ribbon is stuck on correctly..................
Hello Great_Lakes,
Thankyou for your reply. I will try to adding paper between the ribbon cable see if any changes before I got the OEM cable. The camera video transmission signal is always lost and the camera keep reset last night, maybe it's because I keep reassemble the ribbon cable and the pitch axis. The ribbon cable of camera connection cannot connect properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan