Phantom 3A Shell replaced - parts left over

Reaction score
Hi all, I hope someone can help. I have just completed a changeover of the shell of my P3A - I hit a tree and broke an arm on it!.

I have reassembled everything in the new shell and discovered that I have 4 small black neoprene rings or grommets left over - see photo.

Can anyone please tell where these should be fitted.

Kind regards

Geoff
20181129_142609_r.jpg

Testing my memory here- from the several P3 shell replacements I have performed I will put my money on the battery box. I suspect the function might be more in centring and stress relief than isolation.

You might want to disassemble and install them however- I think thats what I would be inclined to do.

Testing my memory here- from the several P3 shell replacements I have performed I will put my money on the battery box. I suspect the function might be more in centring and stress relief than isolation.

You might want to disassemble and install them however- I think thats what I would be inclined to do.
I didn't remove the battery box as the new shell came with a battery box installed.

I have found where they belong. They fit onto the posts on top of the battery box into which the main board retaining screws are screwed. Now my next question is. Do I disassemble the whole thing again to install the rings - which would appear to be dampers? The main board screws down hard onto the 4 posts so I can't see that the black damping rings achieve much at all. Any thoughts?

Kind regards

Geoff

I have said what I would do. You will get the shell apart without butchering it if you work from the motor ends of the atms inwards (all four in progressive sequence) and place something in the gaps as you go, small screwdrivers work well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart