P3A small crash, shell need replacement?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So after flying my P3A for a couple of months, I had my first crash today. I was filiming my house when I drifted a little too close to a tree, the props clipped some leaves, and before I could react the bird was flipped over, and fell around 7-8 feet, landing upside down on the concrete.

Understandably I was very shaken up, and still currently am, but on close inspection the drone seems to still be in working order. After changing over all the props (1 was broken in the crash, the rest seemed fine, but replaced all to be safe), I took it for a short hover in my front yard, all went as usual.

The only noticeable damage I can see at this stage is a crack on one of the arms, on the top half of the shell. When applying pressure to the arm it still seems very solid, although a tiny bit less so than the undamaged arms.

TLDR: Essentially, I crashed my P3A and slightly cracked the upper shell on one of the arms. I'm just wondering whether this damage could cause bigger problems down the track, such as the arm snapping completely off. Looking for some opinions as to whether I should replace the shell or not, as well as any other advice people can offer!

Look forward to replies.

Thanks, Justin.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Yeah I'd change the upper shell too, nobody can tell you if / when it will break or hold of course, so it boils down to risk (craft and possibly others in its path).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik