Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Hi did the upgrade and getting around 1200 metres before loose r.c I bought a patch antenna and only getting 500metres with it, are these not suitable or maybe its a dodgy.
Any insight is much appreciated!!

Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more
1473156429060.png
dp/B00VSQDTNK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_mnPZxb6SRVW5

Sent from my ONE A2003 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi did the upgrade and getting around 1200 metres before loose r.c I bought a patch antenna and only getting 500metres with it, are these not suitable or maybe its a dodgy.
Any insight is much appreciated!!

Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & moreView attachment 64150dp/B00VSQDTNK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_mnPZxb6SRVW5

this antenna should work, no offense but did you mount it so that the front where the most rf is emitted, is pointing away from you to the aircraft?
the antenna has a quite high gain, so in greater distances it is required to point quite exactly directly to the aircraft (with the flat front of the antenna, like it would be a parabolic mirror ( of course it isnt))
you might check if the pigtail u.fl plug is placed correctly, the sma is screwed properly, the cable itself is not defective (short, broken etc)
i use this one for 5,8 ghz: 5.8 Ghz patch antenna - FPV flying maximum range without booster was (with modded 2,4 ghz antennas) up to 2,4km (beforce, with stock, it was 500m)

after using 27dbm mod more than 1 month and 200km+ travel distant, my p3s have some problem

1) shell cracked without crash, common problem for all phantom 3

2) wifi video + rc signal disconnected suddenly and can't reconnect until drone restart (after auto rth and landing), good luck for gps working well when it happen

3) rc normal but 2.4g video keep disconnect <> connected every second, drone need to cool down then it will resume normal

I fly under hot summer with 3 battery, and set 27dbm on drone side only (I have external amplifer at rc side with dbs-01 antenna, 5km+ ok ay country side and 3km+ ok inside city)), so problem should be caused by drone side

I use "Ojcze Nasz's" 27dbm mod (by hardcode at rc.s) and use my setchan.sh for scanning channel / force channel 13, I'm outside euro so dont need a loop for force ce to fcc (Argonaise's mod)

fly across the harbour and over the building

I guess your problem number 2 is exactly as happened to me. But it was happened 2 times before i applied this mod... And my p3s is less than 4months old, 35 battery charge, and i guess i have not reach 50km total distance flight yet. all stock antena.

Unrecoverable failsafe RTH.

Petermeter, do you have modded to fcc 20dbm or 27dbm?

This week I would have to update to 20dbm, have anyone get problems with 20dbm due to heat or update at all?

Anyone with latest p3 fw did the update?

Petermeter, do you have modded to fcc 20dbm or 27dbm?

This week I would have to update to 20dbm, have anyone get problems with 20dbm due to heat or update at all?

Anyone with latest p3 fw did the update?

i use 24dbm an no problem so far, but only a few flights

this antenna should work, no offense but did you mount it so that the front where the most rf is emitted, is pointing away from you to the aircraft?
the antenna has a quite high gain, so in greater distances it is required to point quite exactly directly to the aircraft (with the flat front of the antenna, like it would be a parabolic mirror ( of course it isnt))
you might check if the pigtail u.fl plug is placed correctly, the sma is screwed properly, the cable itself is not defective (short, broken etc)
i use this one for 5,8 ghz: 5.8 Ghz patch antenna - FPV flying maximum range without booster was (with modded 2,4 ghz antennas) up to 2,4km (beforce, with stock, it was 500m)
Thanks for getting back to me,

I'll give everything the once over again
Cheers

it is possible that mod can work with phantom 3 advanced?

No, the mod is only for Standard or Standard 4K, they use 2,4ghz wifi for video transfer which is optimised by the mod.

The Advanced and Pro use Lightbridge for video transfer, complete different story.

There are 3 antennas: 1.5 GHz, 2.4 GHz, and 5.8 GHz. Which one do you want to mod?

Arya Dega
i have open a phantom
2 antennas from the gimbal look like gps antennas...
and there are two much more there are 5,8ghz dipoless

i m surprised find gps antennas (25 mm square) with ceramic in place of 2,4ghz antennas
why dji choosed these antennas?

i have open a phantom
2 antennas from the gimbal look like gps antennas...
and there are two much more there are 5,8ghz dipoless

i m surprised find gps antennas (25 mm square) with ceramic in place of 2,4ghz antennas
why dji choosed these antennas?

The internal 2.4g patch antennas looks like GPS shape. Two 2.4g patch antennas are for directional wave transfer. It is good for more distance.

Reactions: petermeter

Looking for a good one myself - and I remember researching that one...

That exact panel gets a poor review here ->

Reviewer getting same results as you - he takes it apart - says it cannot work as its not laid out internally correctly.

Reactions: petermeter
View media item 2175High!
Forget my previous linux loop questions, i just updated to fw 1.5.7
(1.2.4 does knot work!)

I found the reason why - useful if anyone really doesnt want to update the firmware.

In 1.2.4 - the power drops to 17db each time the "Homepoint has been activated" message plays..
But its doesn't change the region code like the newer firmwares.

The scripts wait for the region to change back to GB before setting the higher power again - but it never changes back, even after power goes to 17db.

You could get it working by using the original idea of just calling the "set txpower" in a loop rather than checking...

Also...
My phone (I tried Android Samsung and IPhone 6) are very very slow to connect to the remote - sometimes timing out - probably as I'm still on 1.2.4...
So I set the Phantom wifi connection on my phone to use a *fixed* ip address 192.168.1.20 (no need fill in dns settings) - and it connects immediately everytime.
This is the IP you get anyway.

Just what I noticed anyway....

i use 24dbm an no problem so far, but only a few flights

So, 24dbm wich what fw version?
I´m with the latest 1.7.8fw and I want to know if anyone probed that.
As soon as I´ll mod my remote I will test range and show youtube video.

Thanks in advance.

The internal 2.4g patch antennas looks like GPS shape. Two 2.4g patch antennas are for directional wave transfer. It is good for more distance.
thanks
do you know where i can find one spare?
25 mm square for 2.4ghz is not very good

Looking for a good one myself - and I remember researching that one...

That exact panel gets a poor review here ->

Reviewer getting same results as you - he takes it apart - says it cannot work as its not laid out internally correctly.
That's good to know, I'll send it back.
Which antenna are ya thinking of getting?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart