Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

I did the 27 dbm change on both RC and drone with the fix chanel 13.

Near my wifi boxes i have like 4 wireless access point in the same place as i use multiple technology. Signal was good but video was dropping from time to time and at a moment i totally lost the rc signal it was red on it.

I guess because i was near 5 wifi network..... I will do a test fly as soon as i have time.

Which file need to be changed if i want to apply the mod with power 24 ?

Flo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello friends
Firmwire 1.5.7 + 27 dbm Patch( from Papa Tita )
Today I did try flyby. in city went 620 meters.
Thank you Papa Tita

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaTita
Hey all,

This evening i tried to set tx-power to 20 instead of 27. Wasn't able to do it as my rc is red and it goes green during 1 second if i turn on the engines ....

I'm stressing hard now did i brick my rc ? No more wifi yesterday it was ok .....

Cheers flo

Edit : thx papatita he fixed my problem. Rc has fix wifi signal. Can't power drone now but will report tomorrow

Papatita is just fantastic ! Their is always a solution with him and his software!

Flo

Last edited:
hi everyone,

• all the mods target the 2.4ghz transmitter in the remote / drone correct?
  • did anyone try adding a flat passive cooler on top of the transmitter module in the controller?
  • does anybody know the transmitter module and its thermal limits?
  • is there a thermal sensor available that can be checked live?
  • can a terminal session through usb/wifi be open to the controller while the controller is in use to check for dbm output?
  • did anybody run some test on the controller uptime with 17,20,24,27 dbm before the battery goes dead?

changing to 27dbm/500mw without adding cooling is asking for trouble in an enclosed case in my opinion

even with the "limit to 27dbm and not fixed settings it should use the 27dbm pretty much the whole time in long range flights (750m+?)

Reactions: sunkyu
changing to 27dbm/500mw without adding cooling is asking for trouble in an enclosed case in my opinion
You don't have to use 27 dBm. You can use 20 dBm according to FCC so you are not violating FCC rule, if something happen to your quad out there.

Arya Dega

sure, im talking about testing and preventing overheating/dead hardware.

seeing how many use the 27dbm mod here, i think its important to explore the heat situation, in the end no one want a dead drone/controller or a drone falling from the sky

Will be opting for the 20dbm next time. Hopefully will still loose control before video.

Thanks.

In my case with 20dbm mod I get better video signal, but still loose it before RC signal.
So if you want to loose control first you need to make 27dbm mod.

hi everyone,

• all the mods target the 2.4ghz transmitter in the remote / drone correct?
  • did anyone try adding a flat passive cooler on top of the transmitter module in the controller?
  • does anybody know the transmitter module and its thermal limits?
  • is there a thermal sensor available that can be checked live?
  • can a terminal session through usb/wifi be open to the controller while the controller is in use to check for dbm output?
  • did anybody run some test on the controller uptime with 17,20,24,27 dbm before the battery goes dead?

even with the "limit to 27dbm and not fixed settings it should use the 27dbm pretty much the whole time in long range flights (750m+?)
I use heatsink for 27dbm wifi module.
0fc9aae78453fd44ddb3f88d4dac3d81.jpg

32cc9056a4244e52883531548d582645.jpg

Sent from my LG-F350K using PhantomPilots mobile app

Guys, why are we now saying that putting LIMIT to 27 dbm is dangerous ? I thought that was the FCC value ?

How did we come up with this value then ? Is it the hardware maximum ? Could we go to 30 or more with cooling ?

Has anyone actually fried their RC/bird by flying for too long with limit at 27 dbm ? Cause I have been using it since june and never ever was my RC even warm (800 - 1000 m distance)

Guys, why are we now saying that putting LIMIT to 27 dbm is dangerous ? I thought that was the FCC value ?

How did we come up with this value then ? Is it the hardware maximum ? Could we go to 30 or more with cooling ?

Has anyone actually fried their RC/bird by flying for too long with limit at 27 dbm ? Cause I have been using it since june and never ever was my RC even warm (800 - 1000 m distance)

Thats good to know. Wanted to do the 27dbm change but was nervous about damaging the Rc due to heat

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't think the heatsink over the 2.4GHz module is gonna help cos the metal piece is just an EMI shield. It might make it worse for blocking the ventilation holes.
OK, It maybe can be placebo. But, I still have no problem in WIFI module(27dbm mod). The video transfer is stable very far distance with original 2.4g patch antenna of RC.
mobizen_20160801_062017.mp4_000393468.jpg

Reactions: HBO
after using 27dbm mod more than 1 month and 200km+ travel distant, my p3s have some problem

1) shell cracked without crash, common problem for all phantom 3

2) wifi video + rc signal disconnected suddenly and can't reconnect until drone restart (after auto rth and landing), good luck for gps working well when it happen

3) rc normal but 2.4g video keep disconnect <> connected every second, drone need to cool down then it will resume normal

I fly under hot summer with 3 battery, and set 27dbm on drone side only (I have external amplifer at rc side with dbs-01 antenna, 5km+ ok ay country side and 3km+ ok inside city)), so problem should be caused by drone side

I use "Ojcze Nasz's" 27dbm mod (by hardcode at rc.s) and use my setchan.sh for scanning channel / force channel 13, I'm outside euro so dont need a loop for force ce to fcc (Argonaise's mod)

fly across the harbour and over the building

Last edited:
Hi all, i'm italian , sorry for my bad english, i would try to mod my p3s to unlock fcc mode, i read first pages and last of 3d, i'm not sure, is there a final guide to follow? Can you tell me what # find? thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20