Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Hello guys,

Finally made the discission......
The Standard arrived yesterday and made its maiden flight in the evening.....omg, what a bird.....

As a complete newbie i left it on beginner mode, as 30m seems soooo far away allready, heheheh.

Anyway, i like this pioneering thread a lot and maybe i could be of some kind of assistance in here, i am an electronics/ it guy.

Cheers,

Paul from Holland

Hi Paul, don't forget to start your YouTube channel also. So we can watch your video from your bird.

Happy flying.

Arya Dega

Ok. Tried this mod and run into a problem, perhaps someone can help?

1. Switched on drone and Rc
2. Connected to drone wifi from my laptop
3. Run the updater mod and selected RC update only recommended
4. Clicked Step 1
5. Message displayed telling me to restart both drone and Rc which I did
6. Reconnected laptop to drone wifi
7. clicked option 2

At this point I got a message advising unable to telnet to RC (not exact words)

Tried several times, but no connection. Had to close program and hoped it hadn't bricked the RC, it hadn't everything went back to original configuration (phew)

Any idea why the update program could not secure a telnet connection on step 2?

Thanks

Sent from my D6603 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had to allow the program through my firewall or else I got an access violation.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

**** it...i knew it !!
since licthi upgrade yesterday now licthi set ce/fcc when gps lock like dji go did

ah now i've to using loop process again :mad:

Papa Tita, this is a great work! I've done mine smoothly. Haven't a chance to test fly yet.
By the way, just wondering if there's still a need to upgrade the rc hardware? say, the 5.8ghz antenna?

Now I'm wondering which one is the best and most safe for the RC with 27 dbm mod:

Using stock antenna or using ARGtek antenna?

I need advice, please...

Arya

Last edited:
Now I'm wondering which one is the best and most safe for the RC with 27 dbm mod:

Using stock antenna or using ARGtek antenna?

I need advice, please...

Arya

this is what happened when the other quadopter fly by into 25dbm phantom with argtek

suddenly lost signal and crash :lol
oh well luckily my hornets survive :D

Reactions: Arya
Hi Paul, don't forget to start your YouTube channel also. So we can watch your video from your bird.

Happy flying.

Arya Dega

Thank you Arya,

I will do so later on.
Last night i tried the beginner mode off and flew about 100m away @ 50m high in a urban park with huge wifi contemination, thats where the park ended, all went great, didn't upgrade to 1.6.8 when prompted by DJI app, i rather wait.

One thing i'm curious about though.....how do you guys try to fly so far away, like 2 km or something? Are you able to return then in the 20-25 minutes?

Seems like 20-25 minutes takes 3x the blink of the eye and its over......

Thank you Arya,

One thing i'm curious about though.....how do you guys try to fly so far away, like 2 km or something? Are you able to return then in the 20-25 minutes?

Seems like 20-25 minutes takes 3x the blink of the eye and its over......

i'm using waypoint my longest range are 10km (include back to home) in 16 Minutes with 50mph (h/s) correction --> 50km/h (Horizon speed)
phantom return with 35% battery left

so dont worry 2-3km its easy with phantom maybe not even 20-25minutes like you mention :)

Last edited:
Are you sure? How do you know?

positive..tested my self :)

how do i know ? coz its like djigo did, when gps lock power will be back to default again (17dbm) but it wasnt when using prev litchi, power will still 25dbm even gps was loked

but np i just have to activate looping proccess again for interval checking

positive..tested my self :)

how do i know ? coz its like djigo did, when gps lock power will be back to default again (17dbm) but it wasnt when using prev litchi, power will still 25dbm even gps was loked

but np i just have to activate looping proccess again for interval checking
Which version are you using? Mine is 1.10.1
How do I test it?

Which version are you using? Mine is 1.10.1
How do I test it?

1.10.1 ? mine is 3.6.8 how can be that far :)
i'm curious why suddenly i've drop video link after update (**** auto update :Lol)
then check over telnet, and yes power back to default after gps lock likes djigo did
not like a prev version when i've to put power to 25dbm just one times at djiled and it will lasting never back to default again even gps was locked

but like i mention before, not to worried as long you put looping check procedure like papatita script i think its not a big deal

1.10.1 ? mine is 3.6.8 how can be that far :)
i'm curious why suddenly i've drop video link after update (**** auto update :Lol)
then check over telnet, and yes power back to default after gps lock likes djigo did
not like a prev version when i've to put power to 25dbm just one times at djiled and it will lasting never back to default again even gps was locked

but like i mention before, not to worried as long you put looping check procedure like papatita script i think its not a big deal
Forgot to mention mine is in iOS. I kept checking telnet as well. Sometimes it is back to original tx-power so I had to run the watchlog script manually from telnet.

Forgot to mention mine is in iOS. I kept checking telnet as well. Sometimes it is back to original tx-power so I had to run the watchlog script manually from telnet.

ah yes i'm sorry i forget there is two o/s not adroid only
in prev version it never back to default
but happy you figure it out

btw why you doing manualy to load watchlog ? just put it on djiled it will be more easier :)

i'm using waypoint my longest range are 10km (include back to home) in 16 Minutes with 50mph (h/s) correction --> 50km/h (Horizon speed)
phantom return with 35% battery left

so dont worry 2-3km its easy with phantom maybe not even 20-25minutes like you mention :)

I think I had watched your video on YouTube. Yes... I'm sure its you.. Unforgetable 10 km with GSM GPS.. Am I right? [emoji5]

Arya Dega

I think I had watched your video on YouTube. Yes... I'm sure its you.. Unforgetable 10 km with GSM GPS.. Am I right? [emoji5]

Arya Dega

yea that's consequences living in urban area, must be prepare to passing by with a lot of BTS (base transmitter station) as you know we live in country which is BTS can be found in every 100meters :lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart