Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Hi,

how to change 27db to e.g. 24db ?

- if mod is installed via djiupdate.exe, revert to stock
- then edit the watchlog.sh that is included in the zip file
via notepad++ and replace everey 2700 with 2400
- use djiupdate to apply the mod

would that be working and be a safe way ?
you simply change the line 11 and run the application
Untitled.png

Reactions: ych and petermeter
PapaTita: great mod, but I still don't understand how the video can transmit longer distance from the drone when only the RC is upgraded with the mod?
And I see you have an option to do the mod on both RC and drone. Isn't that what we should do? Why is that option not recommended?
[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

PapaTita: great mod, but I still don't understand how the video can transmit longer distance from the drone when only the RC is upgraded with the mod?
And I see you have an option to do the mod on both RC and drone. Isn't that what we should do? Why is that option not recommended?
[emoji4]

Because rc control power also to the drone via telnet.
STEP 2 in application that opens a telnet on drones hence on both drone and rc should be switched on when the update.

"Why is that option not recommended?"
For safety reasons when the patch because there is script injected into drone's as well.
If it fails may be more difficult to repair. imho

Because rc control power also to the drone via telnet.
STEP 2 in application that opens a telnet on drones hence on both drone and rc should be switched on when the update.

"Why is that option not recommended?"
For safety reasons when the patch because there is script injected into drone's as well.
If it fails may be more difficult to repair. imho

Tank you for clarifying PapaTita! Great work.
[emoji106]

Dear PapaTita,

So if i have an argtek antenna, which options i need to use on your software, which options recommneded?
And i bought an 5-8 amp, and if it's arrive, then which options i need?
Thx a lot!

Hi, great forum!

Can someone please point me in the right direction of where I can download the latest version of this Dbm updater please. Also, what is the latest version?

PapaTita! Great Job!

Thanks

tested the update tool with the recommended option,
2nd step gave an connection error despite correct reboots,
had to activate telnet on drone manually by copying the
modified djiled.sh from remote to drone with filezilla in acsii mode,
was then able to complete the second step in the tool,
iwinfo via android phone during flight returned for both rc and bird
"27dbm etc" and stayed so,
the range was a bit better +30 percent or so,
maybe because of wifi e-smog,
my question is now, is it possible that iwinfo shows 27 (maximum)
but in reality for some reason it does not increase the real transmit power enough?
set to "fixed" would be too unhealthy for the hardware..
fw is 1.6.8, stock antennas, no previous attempts of scriptmodding
thanks

Reactions: Pozsi85
Hello papatita

Before I try this mod, will it work with a P3 4K with firmware 1.5.40? I will use RC only option.
If I tick RC limit 20 dBm, will drone still be 27 dBm?

Any danger for RC or Drone, 27 dbM is 10 times the power. I guess battery will drain faster?

Cheers

PapaTita,

I just had some experiment with my WiFi analyser Android App. There's open free channel on 13 and sepcialy the channel 14. Can you make a mod stright to those channel?
6582257f9351d1da4090e492cd1da39f_thumb.jpg

Arya Dega

After grab a few tricks from @SingLag , I apply in watchlog.sh, this video how to change channel via telnet:

**FYI: Option "Scan Channel" on app has taken channel 13 as default
**Download v3.6: P3S_27dBm_Updater.zip

Reactions: Arya
After grab a few tricks from @SingLag , I apply in watchlog.sh, this video how to change channel via telnet:

**FYI: Option "Scan Channel" on app has taken channel 13 as default
**Download v3.6: P3S_27dBm_Updater.zip

Thanks for replying, PapaTita. You are awesome! Channel 13 is the last alternative option from getting less interfference with no other upper intererence from the chart.

Do you think is it any possibility if we are using channel 14 (2.484 GHz) on our P3S? Because until now I still cannot find any article about channel 14 for P3S.

Yesterday I'd been driving around city and my Channel Analyser app has detected very tight internet WiFi tx channel at the same time on 1,3,5,6,7,8,10,11,13. I think this is because of there's no regulation from local goverment about it. And everyone here are freely change their WiFi router to any channel they like with high tx power selection. So only channel 14 that has no option in common WiFi router.

Sure it would be different in every country regulation. If you can open the availability on channel 14 for P3S (2.484 GHz), it would be a new invention ! (As we know only for pro/adv there are 32 channels option).

***Edited**
-------------
Just found this spec that explain there is no chance to use channel 14 (2.484 GHz). P3S only operate on 2.400 GHz - 2.483 GHz.
0e906bc669ea8995e2944dc596d81b03_thumb.jpg

Arya Dega

Last edited:
Hello guys,

Finally made the discission......
The Standard arrived yesterday and made its maiden flight in the evening.....omg, what a bird.....

As a complete newbie i left it on beginner mode, as 30m seems soooo far away allready, heheheh.

Anyway, i like this pioneering thread a lot and maybe i could be of some kind of assistance in here, i am an electronics/ it guy.

Cheers,

Paul from Holland

Ok. Tried this mod and run into a problem, perhaps someone can help?

1. Switched on drone and Rc
2. Connected to drone wifi from my laptop
3. Run the updater mod and selected RC update only recommended
4. Clicked Step 1
5. Message displayed telling me to restart both drone and Rc which I did
6. Reconnected laptop to drone wifi
7. clicked option 2

At this point I got a message advising unable to telnet to RC (not exact words)

Tried several times, but no connection. Had to close program and hoped it hadn't bricked the RC, it hadn't everything went back to original configuration (phew)

Any idea why the update program could not secure a telnet connection on step 2?

Thanks

Sent from my D6603 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT