Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Yesterday I beat the record in 2200 meters. Unfortunately, today the problem of RC frequency of 5.8GHz, and only 890 meters. Everything on the stock antenna...... hmm.. Could it be to bake in the 5.8GHz transmitter. strange because the mod is 2.4
phantom.jpg

13925753_1679624022359917_7208297903275457534_o.jpg

Last edited:
(Slightly OT because of other brand;)

All this talk about different wifi tx power levels is interesting, with my now sold Parrot Bebop Drone 1 (fully wifi controlled) I had this logged during startup (In Sweden, which should require CE levels);

Jan 1 00:00:08 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Use BCM autocountry
Jan 1 00:00:08 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Scanning...
Jan 1 00:00:10 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: => NEW_COUNTRY : SE
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: The actual country is SE/0
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: The actual power is:TxPower is 127 qdbm, 31.75 dbm, 1496 mW Override is Off
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Start AP...
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Mode 2.4 GHz
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Chanspec set to 0x1006
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Chanspec set to 0x1004
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Set Datarates MCS[0-7] + 6 legacy
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Setting SSID to BebopDrone-K010773

At the time I didn't believe they were using 1.5W(!) and the antennas on the Bebop Drone is not as impressive as the patch-ones for P3S, the Bebop Drone is fan cooled which might help using that kind of tx levels....

//Per

(Slightly OT because of other brand;)

All this talk about different wifi tx power levels is interesting, with my now sold Parrot Bebop Drone 1 (fully wifi controlled) I had this logged during startup (In Sweden, which should require CE levels);

Jan 1 00:00:08 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Use BCM autocountry
Jan 1 00:00:08 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Scanning...
Jan 1 00:00:10 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: => NEW_COUNTRY : SE
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: The actual country is SE/0
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: The actual power is:TxPower is 127 qdbm, 31.75 dbm, 1496 mW Override is Off
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Start AP...
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Mode 2.4 GHz
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Chanspec set to 0x1006
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Chanspec set to 0x1004
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Set Datarates MCS[0-7] + 6 legacy
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) user.info broadcom_setup.sh: Setting SSID to BebopDrone-K010773

At the time I didn't believe they were using 1.5W(!) and the antennas on the Bebop Drone is not as impressive as the patch-ones for P3S, the Bebop Drone is fan cooled which might help using that kind of tx levels....

//Per

That's qdBm not dBm.
Divide it by 4 roughly.

Those cards actully do 33 max.
2W :)

Hi,

I haven't tried this mod previously. I've downloaded the app, but am not sure what the current status is.

There is a post strongly recommending that we use "RC-Only" because the "RC and Drone" option isn't properly tested. What are the implications of that? What's the difference between modifying the controller and both the controller and the drone? I would have assumed it was necessary to do both to get any gain in range.

Is the "Both" option still discouraged or is it now working safely?

I know that people have bricked their controllers in the past trying this mod manually, but it looks like they eventually managed to unbrick them. It sounds like the risk using the app is very low. Is this now generally considered a safe mod to make?

Cheers!

Hi,

I haven't tried this mod previously. I've downloaded the app, but am not sure what the current status is.

There is a post strongly recommending that we use "RC-Only" because the "RC and Drone" option isn't properly tested. What are the implications of that? What's the difference between modifying the controller and both the controller and the drone? I would have assumed it was necessary to do both to get any gain in range.

Is the "Both" option still discouraged or is it now working safely?

I know that people have bricked their controllers in the past trying this mod manually, but it looks like they eventually managed to unbrick them. It sounds like the risk using the app is very low. Is this now generally considered a safe mod to make?

Cheers!
Both options were the same, increasing the signal to 27 dbm both in rc and drone's. the difference is on watchlog.sh file which first option is only exists in rc while the second option in drone's as well.

Which one is used up to you. Currently the second option that I use with additional "scan channel".
There is no information after use this application make brick, I hope no.

Both options were the same, increasing the signal to 27 dbm both in rc and drone's. the difference is on watchlog.sh file which first option is only exists in rc while the second option in drone's as well.

Which one is used up to you. Currently the second option that I use with additional "scan channel".
There is no information after use this application make brick, I hope no.

Hi PapaTita, I like the way you made the software under Windows. I want to do the mod only for 20 dbm as mentioned as "new" FCC standard specification. Could you confirm the 20 dbm mod will works normal? I haven't find anyone here using 20 dbm instead of 27 dbm.

As you know, there are so many GSM towers in Indonesia those could interferencing our tx and rx if we still using CE mode, so I really need to move to 20 dbm.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi PapaTita, I like the way you made the software under Windows. I want to do the mod only for 20 dbm as mentioned as "new" FCC standard specification. Could you confirm the 20 dbm mod will works normal? I haven't find anyone here using 20 dbm instead of 27 dbm.

As you know, there are so many GSM towers in Indonesia those could interferencing our tx and rx if we still using CE mode, so I really need to move to 20 dbm.

Halo mas Arya.

In my application there is only one option to reduce power to 20 dbm only in rc, you can try to use it.
Untitled.png

Reactions: Arya

dont worry mas, i'm passing by with BTS in every flight, nothing happen even with my long range waypoint gps still in good received, maybe bts will interference drone signal is just a myth :)

dont worry mas, i'm passing by with BTS in every flight, nothing happen even with my long range waypoint gps still in good received, maybe bts will interference drone signal is just a myth :)

Hi om Korakora, I don't know is it just myth or not. But in my video here, I only can get 33 meters then got the signal interference. After I look around I just remind there is a BIG GSM tower behind me. And when I move to other other open area, I got much more range (last updated video)

Hi om Korakora, I don't know is it just myth or not. But in my video here, I only can get 33 meters then got the signal interference. After I look around I just remind there is a BIG GSM tower behind me. And when I move to other other open area, I got much more range (last updated video)

there is interconnections between BTS TO BTS with microwave, but not in the city which is almost covered with fiberoptic for the BTS backbone, yes indeed that is BTS interference, but that interference is causing by microwave interconnection, not with GSM Transmitter (900/1800 ghz)

btw try to go more further before increasing altitude, you just moving forward in 25meters

it didn't work in my drone, it went crazy, no gps, signal lost message, I think my dji ps3 is damaged.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl