Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

oo..oke i believe that will be apsvr (showing at netstat at attachment with tcp port 2345) if i kill it that background process then the app will be disconnected to the drone camera and telemetry also disappear, but not for the entire wifi connection

Yes that's sounds like it, wonder if there are any other "slumbering daemons" like telnetD waiting to be started ;)

Yes that's sounds like it, wonder if there are any other "slumbering daemons" like telnetD waiting to be started ;)

i did, they scramble the traffic

#appologies wrong reply..someone inbox asking can apsvr tobe sniffing but why i'm typing here :lol

Attachments

• snifing_dji.png
    snifing_dji.png
    228.9 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Ive notice from the screenshots of others that i]Im only getting 50mbps while others get a value of 144mbps.

Did I miss something?

Attachments

• me.PNG
    me.PNG
    117.7 KB · Views: 428
  • you.jpg
    you.jpg
    637 KB · Views: 409
Ive notice from the screenshots of others that i]Im only getting 50mbps while others get a value of 144mbps.

Did I miss something?

I realise that too.I use P3 4K I got the 144Mbps Bitrate. Maybe the P3S only getting 50Mbps?

I realise that too.I use P3 4K I got the 144Mbps Bitrate. Maybe the P3S only getting 50Mbps?

Hmm it makes sense since it takes more bandwidth for a 4k camera. I hope thats the cause and not a faulty wifi transmitter or something worse.

Hmm it makes sense since it takes more bandwidth for a 4k camera. I hope thats the cause and not a faulty wifi transmitter or something worse.
Yeah, but I didn't use 4K recording. 1080p60 is the best IMO. Also I read that P3S video feed is actually 720p while P3 4K is only 480. So logically it's should be the P3S who needs the higher bitrate. I'm still not sure about this.

That wifi card is dual band. Works on 2.4 and 5.8. However 5.8 band is not used.
For control link 5.8 there is separate module based on BK5811 chipset. (which in fact works on 5.1 and 5.8)
Control link is not typical wifi connection. It's a 1Mbps continuous one-way data connection.

Ojcze Nasz, is there a way to explane me, WHY the patching only gives 70/70 on 2.4ghz ?

dont we need 5.8ghz to gain?? i did all the progress and all are fine. but i newer see 5.8ghz that shows a better performance.

i think 5.8ghz needs to be tweaked on full capacity. do you know how ?

Thanks.

I'm a bit confused;

CE and FCC versions should differ in effective total range. This mod fools plane into FCC mode. However, control signal range does not extend, only video.

I still get the same range, around 300 meters, and after that the remote control signal breaks. FCC has a longer control distance, yes?

UP. Still haven't seen any good explanation on this...

Ojcze Nasz, is there a way to explane me, WHY the patching only gives 70/70 on 2.4ghz ?

dont we need 5.8ghz to gain?? i did all the progress and all are fine. but i newer see 5.8ghz that shows a better performance.

i think 5.8ghz needs to be tweaked on full capacity. do you know how ?

Did you not actually read the thread? So far nobody has figured out how to increase the Control signal. So the patch you see described is for the video link on 2.4Ghz only.

Success! :)

Just had a successful flight up to 1385m in FCC mode at 27dBm via the watchlog.sh mod on both RC and aircraft run from djiled.sh (both at 1.6.8 f/w).
Video was smooth all the way.
5.8G with homemade windsurfer and 2.4G antennas of Alfa 8dBi panel directional type. Not sure if they're any better than the stock patch-ones.

(Last typical reach was 865m without any mod in CE mode).

Going for a trip over our great lake here this weekend and hopefully getting even further ;)

Thanks again for all the research behind this mod!

Edit: added signalmap
signalmap.jpg

//Per

Attachments

• IMG_20160719_225920.png
    IMG_20160719_225920.png
    1,023.5 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Here is what I did on the DRONE-side using a WINDOWS system:
  1. Turn on the Remote Control
  2. Turn on the Drone
  3. Connect your Windows device to the WiFi signal of the Remote Control
  4. Open a Windows command prompt (Start -> Run -> "cmd")
  5. Make note of the current directory for your Command Prompt window. It is typically set to "C:\Users\<your username>".
  6. Type in "ftp 192.168.1.2" followed by Enter
  7. Type in user name "root" followed by Enter
  8. Type in password "Big~9China" followed by Enter
  9. You should see a "230 Login successful." response
  10. Type in "cd /etc/init.d/" followed by Enter
  11. You should see a "250 Directory successfully changed." response
  12. Type in "type binary" followed by Enter
  13. You should see a "200 Switching to Binary mode." response
  14. Type in "get rcS" followed by Enter. Note that the S is a capital S...
  15. The "rcS" file will be downloaded into the current directory for your Command Prompt window (see step 5)

Now we start editing the file on your Windows device...
  16. Start the Notepad++ editor and open the "rcS" file

Note:

Do NOT use the Windows Notepad editor (!)

17. In Notepad++, using the menu structure at the top of the screen, verify that the file encoding is set to "Encode in UTF-8" (Encoding -> "Encode in UTF-8"). This should already be selected but it does not hurt to verify...
  18. Scroll down to line 61 and change it:
    To: "telnetd -l /bin/ash &"
    So you remove the #-character from the beginning of the line
  19. Now ADD the following lines to the end of the file:
    iw reg set US
    iw dev wlan0 set tx power limit 2700
  20. Now save the file and close Notepad++

Now you need to upload the modified file to your drone...
  21. Back in your FTP-session... Type in "put rcS"
  22. You should see a "226 Transfer complete" response
  23. Terminate your FTP session: Type in "bye" followed by Enter
  24. You should see a "221 Goodbye." response
  25. Now restart the drone.
At this point you have modified the drone to enable telnet, set the region to US to enable FCC mode and you have configured the WiFi driver to use a maximum transmit power of 27dbm.

When the drone is back online, you can use telnet to connect to the drone. I recommend using Putty. When you have established a telnet session to the drone at IP address 192.168.1.2 you can use the command "iwinfo" to see the active WiFi parameters. Look for the line that starts with "Tx-Power:"

Now, if your drone does not come online anymore you may have made a typo whilst modifying the rcS file. So be careful.

I hope this helps.

"At this point you have modified the drone to enable telnet, set the region to US to enable FCC mode and you have configured the WiFi driver to use a maximum transmit power of 27dbm."

Sorry for the noobnes, but how do I do this?, Ive already got everything in the list right , but I cant find a setting that lets me change to US- FCC mode. Thanks for your time.

Just test FCC mod using windows app by PapaTita,

my bird at 1.5.7+
dont know my controller ver

im following step that explained at youtube from PapaTita

before the mod i only could go 450m, after the mod i could go 750m at best in same location. Still not used the windsurfer mod yet. Last time with windsurfer i could go 640m, maybe after this mod i could go 1000m haha

so, for u guys who doubt this mod can brick ur bird when version not 1.6.8. I'm at 1.5.7+ and big success

thx for this thread and PapaTita

Reactions: jeganx
Here is what i did last night.. everything seems fine but i had a question mark for TXPower link quality 68/70 << newer seen anyone experienced this on last 35 pages of great work :)

Anyone has any idea ??

link quality was not in % but in dBm
70 is perfect..!!

Made it!

The problem was that I had a typo on the last line.. Im just glad I didn't brick it.

Thank you all for your help!

Im going to test it right now!

Attachments

• control.PNG
    control.PNG
    26.6 KB · Views: 366
  • bird.PNG
    bird.PNG
    16.9 KB · Views: 415
Success! :)

Just had a successful flight up to 1385m in FCC mode at 27dBm via the watchlog.sh mod on both RC and aircraft run from djiled.sh (both at 1.6.8 f/w).
Video was smooth all the way.
5.8G with homemade windsurfer and 2.4G antennas of Alfa 8dBi panel directional type. Not sure if they're any better than the stock patch-ones.

(Last typical reach was 865m without any mod in CE mode).

Going for a trip over our great lake here this weekend and hopefully getting even further ;)

Thanks again for all the research behind this mod!

//Per

watchlog.sh applies only RC. Drone is patched by RC side, script contains the command. I recommend to remove script from drone.

watchlog.sh applies only RC. Drone is patched by RC side, script contains the command. I recommend to remove script from drone.

I used the "shorter" watchlog.sh from papatita's "P3S_27dBm_Updater"-archive.

That one only checks for local country changes which seems to happen with DJ GO...?
Verified and found in the logs that it changes back to 27dBm (from 17) when recording home point.
(On both RC and drone)

Or am I missing something here? ;)

//Per

Code:
{ sleep 1;echo "iw reg set BO";echo "iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700";sleep 1;} | telnet 192.168.1.2
echo "Drone reg domain set to BO"

If the script contains this line, it means it tries to patch drone at the RC side. RC opens telnet toward drone(192.168.1.2), sets CRDA and 27dbm power at once. So, if this script resides in drone too, it connects itself to patch, after or before RC patches drone. Multiple duplication occurs here, when the script runs at both drone and RC. It should be run at only RC side.

You once wrote that you uploaded watchlog.sh script mod on the both RC and drone, so I wanted to inform you about the duplication. If I got wrong about your words, you can ignore it :) Happy flying!

Code:
{ sleep 1;echo "iw reg set BO";echo "iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700";sleep 1;} | telnet 192.168.1.2
echo "Drone reg domain set to BO"

If the script contains this line, it means it tries to patch drone at the RC side. RC opens telnet toward drone(192.168.1.2), sets CRDA and 27dbm power at once. So, if this script resides in drone too, it connects itself to patch, after or before RC patches drone. Multiple duplication occurs here, when the script runs at both drone and RC. It should be run at only RC side.

You once wrote that you uploaded watchlog.sh script mod on the both RC and drone, so I wanted to inform you about the duplication. If I got wrong about your words, you can ignore it :) Happy flying!
Hello!

It doesn't contain that but I'm grateful for your concern - it could have been an issue ;)
(Have to admit though that the solution with the RC patching the drone via telnet is a more elegant solution than having (a simpler) watchlog.sh on both sides)

Next step is increasing the power on 5.8G - 1.4Km isn't enough - reaching for the stars
Happy flying to you too :)

//Per

I'm very pleased to watch your successful result too.

On my last test with FCC mod, though the video was very smooth and showed no-disconnect until 5.8g signal disappeared, I felt some increased latency in the video as the bird goes far. Did you had the delay too? I thought it probably result from decreased wifi link speed.

The delay continued until it made back to home point(and delay was worsen time to time). I thought it was tablet's lack of performance that made delay, but I'd like to check that it was only happening to me.

Thank you!
(Sorry for a quick barge in)

Regarding this video latency, did you get any response in this matter? I also noticed a bit of this delay starting at apprx. 1200m. Think I've seen some thread discussing the limits of the Wifi protocol but also that the P3S handled that. Don't know for a fact though...

//Per

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT