Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Im such a pu$$y... ive been watching and reading this thread for a week now pondering if I should do the mod to my P3 or not.

I have a couple of questions:

Do I need to install firmware 1.6.8 to my bird or whould I keek 1.5.7?

If I fail to do it right and brick my bird.. can I bring him back ? Or my brand new $450 USD toy its done?

Thank you all and thanks to the brave souls that risk their investment in pro of science !!!

I did it on firmware 1.3.5, so id assume it works on all above that. If on windows just use filezilla and notepad++ to edit. There are some very long winded methods on this thread lol.

Reactions: Argoxp
I did it on firmware 1.6.8. Used the app first (which updated the controller).
I manually updated the drone, directly via telnet and vi (editor). Created the watchlog.sh in /sbin (chmod 775)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Argoxp
Its possible to write here the tlnet comands?
The whatchlog was a copy from the app? The one in the zip?

Ps : ok understand now... Activate the telnet on both rc and drone

I would like to understand the script whatchlog! Snd ehat it does...

Last edited:
I ended up doing it this way and I'm getting 27dBm ... (this is my actual rcS from drone)

#!/bin/sh......

.....If you don't want go straigh to 27dBm, set 2000 instead in last line.
Make sure you make same changes to your remote too.

Remote is at 192.168.1.1
Drone is at 192.168.1.2

with the parameter;

telnetd -l /bin/ash &

,, i made it. Thanks so much all Awesome Job !!

Ill make a video for total noobs on windows tomorrow, but only for the change to fcc. Too lazy to do channel mod, im getting great results without it.

Reactions: MartinV and Argoxp
Ill make a video for total noobs on windows tomorrow, but only for the change to fcc. Too lazy to to channel mod, im getting great results without it.

This sounds like something useful for me hahaha thanks man!

I think I did it.... right?

Attachments

• yay!.PNG
    yay!.PNG
    127.3 KB · Views: 463
Here is what i did last night.. everything seems fine but i had a question mark for TXPower link quality 68/70 << newer seen anyone experienced this on last 35 pages of great work :)

Anyone has any idea ??

Attachments

• 13702553_814682315335000_20888569_o.jpg
    13702553_814682315335000_20888569_o.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 441
Hi all!

This thread is amazing and kudos to everyone discovering and elaborating this little loop-hole :)
Just hope it stays open ;)

I've been thinking of another way of approaching this mod but don't have access to my P3S at the moment...does anyone know if there are any other open protocols to drone or RC like SSH?

If that's the case...I've looked at something already available like;
Script Kitty (Script Kitty - Android Apps on Google Play)
or SSH button (SSH button - Android Apps on Google Play) to initiate changes and monitor status on the phone/tablet already connected to the drone and RC during flight :)

Any ideas?

//Per

Am I doing this right? I used Papa Tita tutorial in youtube by using the telnet to modify the djiled.sh and add a watchlog.sh script

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-19-12-42-23.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-19-12-42-23.png
    569.3 KB · Views: 354
Hi all!

This thread is amazing and kudos to everyone discovering and elaborating this little loop-hole :)
Just hope it stays open ;)

I've been thinking of another way of approaching this mod but don't have access to my P3S at the moment...does anyone know if there are any other open protocols to drone or RC like SSH?

If that's the case...I've looked at something already available like;
Script Kitty (Script Kitty - Android Apps on Google Play)
or SSH button (SSH button - Android Apps on Google Play) to initiate changes and monitor status on the phone/tablet already connected to the drone and RC during flight :)

Any ideas?

//Per

Already tried those two apps, then found those are not quite matched to the purpose. Drone and RC provides communication through telnet only, so SSH button is not applicable. I looked over Script kitty also, but I could not find way to fit Script kitty to the purpose.

Making simple android app would be better way to do it. Use plain network library, and it would be not quite difficult.

I tried to make an android app using telnet library to command RC, but instead of completing app, made watchlog script to apply things automatically. Things can be done inside RC(like detecting CRDA changes after GPS lock), thus using external app to watch RC would be inefficient.

Last edited:
Already tried those two apps, then found those are not quite matched to the purpose. Drone and RC provides communication through telnet only, so SSH button is not applicable. I looked over Script kitty also, but I could not find way to fit Script kitty to the purpose.

Making simple android app would be better way to do it. Use plain network library, and it would be not quite difficult.

I tried to make an android app using telnet library to command RC, but instead of completing app, made watchlog script to apply things automatically. Things can be done inside RC(like detecting CRDA changes after GPS lock), thus using external app to watch RC would be inefficient.

Ok, it seems that the P2V had SSH...going for connectbot and telnet then, it supports limited scripting...going to try your watchlog script though :)

//Per

Ok, it seems that the P2V had SSH...going for connectbot and telnet then, it supports limited scripting...going to try your watchlog script though :)

//Per

Always better to start things manually at the outside, because safe comes first. I've been thinking about running it manually with a click, and trace result. Until now the script does job quite well, no problem, however it is under alpha status at all.

Has anyone got output from both drone and RC with netstat -anp? (if netstat is available)

Has anyone got output from both drone and RC with netstat -anp? (if netstat is available)

I dont know what you're looking for, but this is those screenshoot for you anyway :)

Attachments

• rc_netstat.png
    rc_netstat.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 467
  • drone_netstat.png
    drone_netstat.png
    48 KB · Views: 368
I dont know what you're looking for, but this is those screenshoot for you anyway :)

Thank you :)

Even if probably already investigated I was looking for other ways of communication between the RC and drone. Seems they were disabled in this case. Locked down.

Really need to get home and continue to work with my P3S ;)

//Per

Am I doing this right? I used Papa Tita tutorial in youtube by using the telnet to modify the djiled.sh and add a watchlog.sh script
Just tried flying it with 27dbm and I notice so much improvement to the video signal. 500m and full video signal bar. The remote signal drop to 2-3 bar but no RTH triggered unless I didn't point my antenna correctly. I live in a high density suburb so I manage my expectation to about 700m. Before changing to 27dbm, the max range is 500m, already loss video signal and flew just by looking at the map. Now I still got video at 500m and probably can push it further but had to stop because its raining.

Thank you :)

Even if probably already investigated I was looking for other ways of communication between the RC and drone. Seems they were disabled in this case. Locked down.

Really need to get home and continue to work with my P3S ;)

//Per

oo..oke i believe that will be apsvr (showing at netstat at attachment with tcp port 2345) if i kill it that background process then the app will be disconnected to the drone camera and telemetry also disappear, but not for the entire wifi connection

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164