Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

I tried it yesterday on my P34K (firmware version 1.5.40), and go same issue as some when I clicked on step 2 ("can't telnet on RC" or something like that)
So I did like sdsdfsdrf and worked like a charm:
- after step 1, I connected to RC through FTP (with filezilla)
- I downloaded djiled.sh (from /sbin) to PC
- I connected to the drone and uploaded djiled.sh to the same folder
- Then step 2 worked!

I tested it this morning and almost reached 1km where I lost signal before 400m. (and I did the mod with the 20dbm limit, and scan channel). Seems great to me now!
Maybe we could begin firmware compatibility if some people noticed that it doesn't work for some...

Thanks a lot PapaTita &
Ojcze Nasz for your work !!!!

Thanks Papa Tipa and all the contributors. I made the path with the updater and yesterday I reach 1'5km with my standard and no more mods. Was w
Great. I lost the controller signal but the video with full signal.

Sent from my MI 5 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PapaTita
2e8afefd10ee9608672f95d4e357bf66.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for making this mod! Updated without problems (1.5.7) and used telnet to check signal strength afterwards. Just have to charge to test it!

One quick question: Is it possible that the radio/transmitter may overheat and get damaged because of the added power output?

I know that its a 55 page thread, ive read to several of them. But i didnt find any knowledge that i needed.
Bought my 3S yesterday, experineced bad reception.
What of the choices shall ipick from the win app?
FFC RC only? How will that effect? will it automaticly find the best channel for me?
thanks!

View media item 2175High!
Forget my previous linux loop questions, i just updated to fw 1.5.7
(was a bit nasty, bin from sd card to 1.6.8, > no remote linking, then remote to 1.6.8 via app, then 1.5.7 downgrade only on copter by link-button-forced bin from sd)
and in the now it works like charmant.

(1.2.4 does knot work! and 1.6.8 has other caveats for some people, esp. ce people)

hopefully the tx boards wont get deep fried too soon by the 24dbm rf power, because i use diy antennas. maybe add a little fan in remote, in copter are already 4 fans

thank you so much, vater unser and vater tita ; )

next step: fuel cell mod to be able to use the new range

Hi PapaTita, I thought your app is also running under last firmware version 1.6.8?
Did I understand correctly that by applying manual set new home point in dji app the script stops working and it will be ce again?
Thank you!

uhmm..but updating was processed wasnt it?
i'm sure i had succesfully downgrading from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7 before with that method

oke then if i were you i will replace microsd with another

tryed 3 different microsd's, :( no luck.
Never tryed patching 1.6.8, anyone has luck on 1.6.8 ??

Hi PapaTita, I thought your app is also running under last firmware version 1.6.8?
Did I understand correctly that by applying manual set new home point in dji app the script stops working and it will be ce again?
Thank you!

no, it works fine (if you use firmware 1.5.7 oder 1.6.8) and use "RECOMMEND" option and leave "scan" and "channel 13" and "20db" UNchecked.

tryed 3 different microsd's, :( no luck.
Never tryed patching 1.6.8, anyone has luck on 1.6.8 ??

1.6.8 works with papatitas tool.
if you dont have any connection / range issues, leave it as is

elswhere: force downgrade to 1.5.7 :

2 methods:

method 1)
remote and copter battery must be at least 50% full
format sd card with dji go
fresh downloaded P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin (if old one is corrupted)
via pc on sd card,
remote and copter off, hold link button on copter, switch copter on
(leave remote off) still hold link button! when gimbal starts to beep
and gimbal led alternates red/green, release link button and wait approx 20 minutes
until gimbal led is solid green,
powercycle remote and copter,
if necessary link remote to copter

method 2)
format sd card with dji go
fresh downloaded P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin (if old one is corrupted)
via pc on sd card,
remote and copter off, switch on remote, wait a few seconds,
switch on copter, start dji go, wait for connection, open camera view but dont do anything else, put sd card in copter,
gimbal beeps and gimbal led should start alternating red/green, wait approx 20 minutes until gimbal led is solid green.
powercycle remote and copter,

if both methods dont work or remote wont bind:

if it doesnt do anything, post the generated logfile
(its on the sd card)

if the update starts, but is cancelled ( one looong beep)
just try it again a few times
it it still doesnt work:

switch on remote, wait a few seconds,
switch on copter, start dji go, wait for connection,
start upgrade via dji go (internet required):
not in camera view but in opening screen press the hat symbol in the right upper corner for about 10 seconds, then select a firmware upgrade (1.6.8)
it will update only the parts that arent this version, especially the remote itself.
wait until its downloaded
and do the upgrade (dont interrupt)
after that you can try to downgrade to 1.5.7. with method 1 oder 2 from above.
if it doesnt work, post the log.

it it works, dont forget to check the settings in the app and calibrate remote, gimbal, IMU, compass.

Last edited:
Reactions: petermeter
Thanks for making this mod! Updated without problems (1.5.7) and used telnet to check signal strength afterwards. Just have to charge to test it!

One quick question: Is it possible that the radio/transmitter may overheat and get damaged because of the added power output?

Read post number 896, page 45. Do not mention any "over heat" problem about this modification or you will make some one VERY ANGRY at this forum threat.

Arya Dega

View media item 2175High!
Forget my previous linux loop questions, i just updated to fw 1.5.7
(was a bit nasty, bin from sd card to 1.6.8, > no remote linking, then remote to 1.6.8 via app, then 1.5.7 downgrade only on copter by link-button-forced bin from sd)
and in the now it works like charmant.

(1.2.4 does knot work! and 1.6.8 has other caveats for some people, esp. ce people)

hopefully the tx boards wont get deep fried too soon by the 24dbm rf power, because i use diy antennas. maybe add a little fan in remote, in copter are already 4 fans

thank you so much, vater unser and vater tita ; )

next step: fuel cell mod to be able to use the new range

Ah crap, I'm on 1.2.4. So ur saying I've to upgrade to 1.6.8, then downgrade to 1.5.7? What happens if u go from 1.2.4 straight to 1.5.7?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4