Phantom 3 Standard out of control

Thanks man,

I wish some others would help out with some questions etc.
Been kind of goofed in the head, had to put the dog down Sunday the 26th.

Rod

I am so Sorry to Hear of your loss, they do indeed become family members, last time that happened in our household it was very difficult.

Reactions: RodPad
I flew it again a few days ago, still seems less stable than when I first got it. I did use a bone stock controller, only mod is tablet bracket. Got the picture I needed by ignoring the fly zone warnings, can't clear it off my display, I was maybe up 50 feet, no airports, I think the warning is due to a hospital helipad.

@RodPad .....If this is indeed a compass issue, we will need the aircraft .dat for the MAG data. I will say, however there may be 2 issues here. The compass and possibly an ESC problem. But again, that is difficult to discern from the mobile data. I have looked at this previously but only briefly and did not get back to it due to other issues. I mention the ESC due to the severe pitch and roll during ATTI mode with full throttle down. Why the OP did this is a mystery. Had the OP allowed the aircraft to hover and drift, as it will do in ATTI mode, as opposed to the full throttle down, the crash could have been avoided. That aside the aircraft .dat would provide more info as far as the compass goes.

View attachment 111709

I did this out of panic, I have lost confidence in this drone, when it comes at you one tends to do this, it does not like to do a stable hover, I know what that is, it was always stable before, just hasn't seen this behavior exhibited recently.

I did this out of panic, I have lost confidence in this drone, when it comes at you one tends to do this, it does not like to do a stable hover, I know what that is, it was always stable before, just hasn't seen this behavior exhibited recently.
Your Phantom and your Mobile device have saved data, It is kind of tedious to upload and share it.

Having an understanding of what maybe went wrong. ;)

The more data you can provide may have the answer?

There are some good guys here....

We all learn from these posts..

My first thought was a compass cal problem. nobody has stated I was incorrect.

Give us an update or data!

Rod

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help, had it out on a job today and it did the same out of control thing twice, First time it just flew past me, didn't respond to the controls at all and hit a shrub, second time ended upside down on the blacktop and couldn't even shut off the motors. I thought I had it sorted out but it is indeed possessed. time to dump it, that's enough of this, three controllers, one with dbs mod, three batteries, all for nothing reliable.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help, had it out on a job today and it did the same out of control thing twice, First time it just flew past me, didn't respond to the controls at all and hit a shrub, second time ended upside down on the blacktop and couldn't even shut off the motors. I thought I had it sorted out but it is indeed possessed. time to dump it, that's enough of this, three controllers, one with dbs mod, three batteries, all for nothing reliable.
Had you provided the requested data, a lot of this frustration may have been avoided, and led you to a direct answer to your issue.

Hmmm .. @RodPad ...... Some people just don't listen.

i have tried to look at it on my pc, followed the instructions to view on my pc, download log viewer, does not show flights from today. Not trying to be unresponsive, I can see files from previous flights but not the mess today.

Not trying to be unresponsive, I can see files from previous flights but not the mess today.
Its not the device file we need. It is the aircraft .dat file. If you can share an upload from the log viewer we can tell you which .dat that you need. Any flight that has exhibited the issue you are referring to would work.

I am trying to upload the files and it says they are too large?
For the aircraft .dat files, you will need to use Dropbox, Google drive..etc....and provide a link back here such that we can download the files.

I do apologize, hope I upload the correct file, part of this is I don't understand most of the drone terminologies, purchased and have used for a couple of years, never had an issue before this started. Not really into this too much.

This looks like a Left Rear motor or an ESC issue at quick glance. Let me see if @sar104 can give you a more detailed answer on this.

Capture.PNG

This looks like a Left Rear motor or an ESC issue at quick glance. Let me see if @sar104 can give you a more detailed answer on this.

View attachment 111776

Yes - the left back PWM is going to 100%, which means that it's not producing enough lift. I guess that could be the ESC or the motor itself. Not likely to be the prop.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick diagnosis, so if I keep it, send it in to DJI or just put it up on ebay as is, I had P2 that after a river encounter just about put me in the poor house trying to fix it, don't want to go that route again.

Went ahead and bought a nice P3 professional, I will sell off my p3 standard stuff, why you might ask why not buy newer? I have batteries, line chargers, pelican case, for a P3 so made sense to keep what value invested I have. Again thanks for the assistance and guidance.

Bill

Reactions: sar104
Well Thanks all!

I hadn't seen any alerts on this thread since #28.

I had been on the forum a couple of times since then.

I will read it closer when I'm at work. ;)

Rod

Just an update, replaced my P3Standard with a P3Pro, can use my batteries, can use my case, this unit works flawlessly, have now flown it several times, super stable and responsive. My new P3Pro is super. Thanks for all that helped me realize my new part time job wasn't fixing broken drones. Rod, you're the best, many thanks.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart