Phantom 3 Standard Interference

Glad to hear I'm not alone, I thought I was going crazy. I'm using an Iphone 5s (pretty old). Apparently the newest firmware was "optimized" for iPhone 7,7+, I'm wondering if anyone with newer phones or other tablets are experiencing the same issues.

It happens on my iPhone 7 plus also. Constant interference warnings out in the middle of nowhere

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Has anybody noticed a reduction in distance or weak signal in parallel to the interference notices tied to the FW update of Feb 13 ???
I have and not to happy
Upgraded to Argtec 2 weeks ago and was pleased to more then double stick and now seems back to stock range or less after update
More testing to do I guess

Is it possible DJI FW can limit PS3 distance to force those who want more distance but not at Adv or Pro price to cough up more cash to get it

Quick update
Had her up today and got 3600 ft so range not an issue but pita (pain in the ***) strong interference message would not let up

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I couldn't agree more. I find it incredibly hard to shoot any video when my whole screen is plagued with error messages. Because the messages pop up so often, I sometimes miss "important" error messages that would be good to know. I really hope DJI has a good fix for this.

Absolutely correct. Any "warning" grabs your attention immediately. And since it won't stop, in grabs ALL your attention incessantly.

Because of course, the second you ignore a warning, bad things happen. So says Murphy.

Just heard back from DJI. They suggested an IMU calibration, then compass calibration (I do the compass before every flight).

I'll try it this afternoon.

EDIT: I also installed the latest firmware (new this week since the last update) but have not yet flown with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for that I had actually missed your reply. Interesting reply bit of a standard reply. I had tried all that but will try again.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not exactly expecting this to be a miracle solution or anything, I too think it's a bit of a standard response.

I actually have more faith that maybe the FW update will help but I haven't had a chance to get out yet.

FWIW, the FW update was REALLY fast... a minute or two. Makes me think it was just bug fixes...

I constantly get this message when using my iPad mini. When I use my android phone I only get the message once. I live in a development with lots of wifi signals. I tried it in a big open field an still had the same warnings. I then tried Icarus to put my Phantom network on channel 13 and the interference messages went away. I got my Phantom 3 standard on Black Friday and flew for about a month and never saw this warning and then one day there it was. It definitely is caused by network congestion but why so sensitive now. I have been tempted to try litchi but did not want to spend the money on it and end up with the same issues. Please let me know if you try it and how you make out.

Update--- I now have Litchi on my android and it is awesome. No interference warnings.

Thanks,
Rod T.

I'm sitting here at my kitchen table, bird on and connected, new iPad mini, latest firmware as of last night, 1.8.10, satellite lock on 7, and not a warning in the last 10 min.

Here's what's changed for me:

FW update
New iPad mini
IMU calibration

To have a 7 sat lock at the kitchen table is even impressive.

Last edited:
Glad to hear I'm not alone, I thought I was going crazy. I'm using an Iphone 5s (pretty old). Apparently the newest firmware was "optimized" for iPhone 7,7+, I'm wondering if anyone with newer phones or other tablets are experiencing the same issues.
yes with Iphone7

Ok I have read don't remember where but there is a glitch with dji go and iOS that causes those error messages so after that I ignore them fly out on avg over 4000 feet nightly with out issue. Also reading every ones comments but 1 was sent from iOS devices as I fly with iOS myself.

I'm also on IOS devices, I know I am flying in a Wi-Fi congestion zone, and it is very helpful to remind me about this, but every 5 secs is just a bit too much. DJI should cut the frequency of these warnings down by a factor of 10. With so many useless warning scrolling on the display, it's very easy to miss a real warning, and potentially even more dangerous.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94