Phantom 3 standard gimbal problem....

Reaction score
Hello all,
I own few dji drones (phantom 3 and 4, inspire, mavic) and I was wondering if anyone cold help me with my phantom 3 standard.
I am trying to sell it however it is a real shutdown when I attempt to give the customer a test fly and the gimbal doesn't calibrate properly when turning on the drone. It flicks aggressively from side to side and up and down extremely quickly. Has this ever happened to anyone and if so how did you fix it?
Thanks

Reactions: smackc4
Hello all,
I own few dji drones (phantom 3 and 4, inspire, mavic) and I was wondering if anyone cold help me with my phantom 3 standard.
I am trying to sell it however it is a real shutdown when I attempt to give the customer a test fly and the gimbal doesn't calibrate properly when turning on the drone. It flicks aggressively from side to side and up and down extremely quickly. Has this ever happened to anyone and if so how did you fix it?
Thanks
Exactly the same is happening to me.....I'm just waiting for a reply on your feed.

Reactions: smackc4
Isn't this called a gimbal motor overload? I would google this, I remember I had a similar thing going on with my drone and it could be fixed with changing something on the gimbal.

Just had this issue with my Standard. Check the set screw that holds the gimbal to the shaft. If it comes loose you'll get the behavior in the OP. It's a 1.5mm hex head. You need to recenter the set screw on the flat side of the shaft, and center it vertically so the arm doesn't rub on the shelf when it pivots.

There's a YouTube video out there that explains it better than I did.

Just had this issue with my Standard. Check the set screw that holds the gimbal to the shaft. If it comes loose you'll get the behavior in the OP. It's a 1.5mm hex head. You need to recenter the set screw on the flat side of the shaft, and center it vertically so the arm doesn't rub on the shelf when it pivots.

There's a YouTube video out there that explains it better than I did.

Hi,

Just out of curiosity as you mentioned it has to do with the screw and the flat side. I repaired my gimbal myself and had to order a replacement motor, but it seems that I can't recenter it correctly. So what I have to do is every single time I start up the drone I have to calibrate my gimbal. Do you know for any chance what's the root of this problem?

Regards

Hi,

Just out of curiosity as you mentioned it has to do with the screw and the flat side. I repaired my gimbal myself and had to order a replacement motor, but it seems that I can't recenter it correctly. So what I have to do is every single time I start up the drone I have to calibrate my gimbal. Do you know for any chance what's the root of this problem?

Regards

I've been spared so far from doing a motor replacement so I'm not sure what's involved. Any way it could be installed incorrectly or is keyed in one position?

Anyhow, here's that Youtube video that helped me.

Exactly the same is happening to me.....I'm just waiting for a reply on your feed.
Same...Don't know which if any of the gimbal motors needs replacing (cheap on ebay) as is the ribbon

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart