Phantom 3 standard Firmware Issue

Reaction score
I apologize if this is posted a lot but I searched and could not find any issues similar to mine posted. I have not been able to use my phantom 3 standard for a while now. I was informed I needed to do a firmware update so I charged my battery, the controller, and my phone to 100%. I ran the update as I normally do and the update failed. Now, I have tried to do the update several other times and every time the update it gets to 57% and sits there for an hour with no progress. Not to mention it is making the firmware error beeping. I have had this issue before and have just let the update run its course while the beeping continue but it doesn't seem like that is going to work this time. Am I able to delete the firmware file on the drone and reinstall it fresh? If so how? I would appreciate any help towards this issue.

Add to that, you should be able to see and delete the firmware file, when you hook your computer to usb port on the gimbal.

make sure to update dji go app first

I just deleted the . Bin file and did the update on a full charge, and updated app and it failed.

I don't if this helps, but I am curious is the bin file the same name as the one you deleted, I think I would try formatting the Sd card in a pc, remove app, reboot mobile device, reinstall the app and try it again, I am just throwing stuff at you now.;)

Here was some general info on my attempt to down grade my firmware, with no luck, this is related to this thread.

No signal after update

Saturday, I tried to install every firmware once from the sd card. The last try I used one firmware back, but named it what the next firmware number would be in the future. It took for about 5 secs, and just started squealing, I let go for a couple of minutes, thought I bricked it. Powered down, pulled the sd card and read the results, said corrupt firmware, re-download firmware directly from DJI website. That's when I gave up.
Since another remote doesn't work for the problem. it must be in the bird. I also wonder when you re-linked your other remote, if the bird updated that remote.

P3S
RodPad, Apr 26, 2016

Mine doesn't even say corrupt firmware. It just says update failed try again. Another attempt would make for number 6. I think my only option is to contact DJI which I'm sure will be fun...

Mine doesn't even say corrupt firmware. It just says update failed try again. Another attempt would make for number 6. I think my only option is to contact DJI which I'm sure will be fun...
The corrupt firmware message is what was on the text file on the sd card.
That was my result when I tried to fool it with an old version than what was installed and using a newer version file name than what was installed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl