Phantom 3 standard changing directions on mid flight

Reaction score
My phantom 3 standard when I fly it in a straight line, it is normal but when I have the phantom return to me, it starts drifting off into another direction, its then asking for compass calibration, is this normal? Thank you in advance

not normal at all, when i do a rth, the bird slowly rotates, points to home, then heads back ...fast !

DZ, im still to much of a newbie to offer good advice. but if you had /have a calibration issue, its probably a good place to start trouble shooting your issue. im sure more experienced advice will be along soon. great forum for help !

I take you saying..return to me ..you have it in RTH. Are you standing where you took off from as that's where it will come back to .
Like if you where to walk away from where Home Point was set it would look like it was drifting away when it's just doing what it is suppose to do .You don't really clarify drifting away . Now you do most likely need to do as Aero just posted but make sure you do
it correctly on a level surface and the compass cal . way away from anything metal .
And welcome to the forum .:)

Reactions: Dan Lee
Dirkclod I was actually manually bringing it back to me when it started to have issues, I will try an IMU calibration to see if that fixes the problem, along with a compass calibration. Thanks

Dirkclod I was actually manually bringing it back to me when it started to have issues,........

This leaves several of possibilities that i can think of and not mentioned yet, since you are manually bringing it back.
1) You may not have the Phantom truly pointed at you.
2) You may be moving the stick slightly to one side.
3) The sticks may need calibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl