Phantom 3 Standard and Litchi Problems

Reaction score
I'm having a lot of connection problems with my P3S and Litchi. Works fine in the house, but when I go outside things start to fall apart. It appears to be the video feed. I ordered a new tablet yesterday, a Nexus 7 (2013). The only one recommended by DJI and the Phantom Help website. I have installed Icarus, and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have it set to 25dbm.
The DJI GO app works fine, but I want to do Panos...While on the subject, would a P4P solve all my issues??? (I'm looking for an excuse to spend some money)
Does anyone have an history using the Nexus 7 with a P3S? Any thoughts or advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Make sure you aren't running DJI Go at the same time as Litchi. They step all over each other. Force close DJI Go before starting Litchi.

Reactions: Pharm
I'm having a lot of connection problems with my P3S and Litchi. Works fine in the house, but when I go outside things start to fall apart. It appears to be the video feed. I ordered a new tablet yesterday, a Nexus 7 (2013). The only one recommended by DJI and the Phantom Help website. I have installed Icarus, and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have it set to 25dbm.
The DJI GO app works fine, but I want to do Panos...While on the subject, would a P4P solve all my issues??? (I'm looking for an excuse to spend some money)
Does anyone have an history using the Nexus 7 with a P3S? Any thoughts or advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Try placing your table or phone into Airplane mode first, then select Phantom's Wi-Fi. With Android 7, that is the only way the apps would display video from the P3S.

Upgrading to a P4 would resolve the problem as the tablet would connect to the RC by cable instead of connecting to the P3S over Wi-Fi.

As mentioned by the previous user, make sure that DJI Go is not running that the same time as Litchi.

Thanks to both of you.
For the record, I'm careful to NOT have DJI GO running at the same time.
I just was out for a test flight. All went well until I got a "Image Transmission Signal Weak" visual message. I was 15 feet from the drone.

Try placing your table or phone into Airplane mode first, then select Phantom's Wi-Fi. With Android 7, that is the only way the apps would display video from the P3S.

Upgrading to a P4 would resolve the problem as the tablet would connect to the RC by cable instead of connecting to the P3S over Wi-Fi.

As mentioned by the previous user, make sure that DJI Go is not running that the same time as Litchi.
Placing the tablet in Airplane mode shuts down the wifi. Not understanding what you mean. Sorry.

Last edited:
Placing the tablet in Airplane mode shuts down the wifi. Not understanding what you mean. Sorry.
After placing the device in Airplane mode, you can turn just the Wi-Fi back on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor