Phantom 3 Standard Active Tracking and Camera lock on

Reaction score
Hi, long time reader first time poster. My story is...
I have been using a phantom 4 (not mine) to work out what features I need. I mainly use a drone to film quick scenic shots and have the drone follow my boat or 4x4 using active tracking. Really to me the drone is the icing on the cake. I also only work in 1080p

I purchased a phantom 3 standard based on affordability and specs meeting my needs how ever i notice that active tracking is not a feature.
There are some after market apps that claim to have active track but do they work on the P3 standard? Will the camera lock on to a target?
If so please recommend the best app based on your experience and no wll no doubt purchase it.

Re,
JA

There is not active tracking on the standard but it does track the controller in the follow me mode , not sure how good that would be as only used a couple of times bit a friend of mine has used it and worked like a treat , it tracks the controller signal so he sat the thing on the seat next to him and went for a drive , but the standard doesn’t have avoidance systems so you’ll have to be careful , not sure there is any software that can do this ,

Hi, I appreciate the reply but I think you misunderstood my question.

My question was do the third party apps such as litchie support active track for phantom 3 standard as claimed.
I want to know if anyone has first hand experience with this app and a P3 standard.

Hi, I appreciate the reply but I think you misunderstood my question.

My question was do the third party apps such as litchie support active track for phantom 3 standard as claimed.
I want to know if anyone has first hand experience with this app and a P3 standard.

Litchi does have a ‘Track’ mode. You draw a box around your subject and it can track it. I use Litchi but have not tried the Track mode so I can’t tell you if it works well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart