Phantom 3 professional - ribbon wiring ?

best way to reattach wires - or just replace harness

• describe suggested fix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • should I do it or have a pro do it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Camera pod tore the wire connection - wires look OK - want to know the best way to repair - replace the harness (lots to screws to take off the top shell) or just solder each of the 8 wires ?

Comments please
IMG_5715.JPG

Surely there's no need for a poll on this? Any replying post stating opinion with supporting reasons must be more informative?

It all depends on your skills. With mine, first out - I'd try a repair - If I had subsequent problems then I'd try to deal with them too.

If that failed, then I'd buy a new cable/harness - an OEM one. Undoing screws and splitting the shell isn't that hard...

Reactions: Oso
Surely there's no need for a poll on this? Any replying post stating opinion with supporting reasons must be more informative?

It all depends on your skills. With mine, first out - I'd try a repair - If I had subsequent problems then I'd try to deal with them too.

If that failed, then I'd buy a new cable/harness - an OEM one. Undoing screws and splitting the shell isn't that hard...
I agree word for word.

Reactions: JoBe and Steve7777
It doesn't look like any soldering is required, simply installl the pins back in the connector- easy to check your work, pins 1-4 ground, 7-10 +12v DC. If you have reservations about your ability best to take it to someone, unsuccessful repairs almost always add to repair cost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan