Phantom 3 Professional Fly Away

Another Video!

Here is the first Video, Logs and controller info.

18 seconds is when the GPS error RED banner showed and the Phantom tilted hard.
multiflight mode was not enable.

You can see my attempts to switch to Atti but it threw errors on screen because it wasn't enabled...

Was that stamped concrete that you took off from?

Reactions: ianwood
Yea its just all symbols again, the first one you posted from the other crash were it went into the lake i was able to read, it was numbers and errors shown ect ect, but this one is just symbols.

yup,
wasn't calibrated there though.
thought after there was steel in there but since i didn't calibrate it there... or?

Doesn't matter is it was calibrated there. The rebar in there does exactly this.. Once the craft escapes the rebar the compass goes nuts...just like we see in the video.

This is why I always suggest to bring the craft into a hover for the first minute of flight. This will give you enough time to realize that something isn't right.

Doesn't matter is it was calibrated there. The rebar in there does exactly this.. Once the craft escapes the rebar the compass goes nuts...just like we see in the video.
well poop....
Could it damage it as well?
seing as I calibrated in a park on second flight away from metal.

Could you define "Some Distance"? Like a couple miles, 10 miles, 100 miles?
Google Magnetic Declination. It will help you understand WHY the calibration is needed and can give you an idea of why it's not a DISTANCE that triggers it but a DISTANCE and a DIRECTION combination that is more important.

changing longitudes will cause you more issues than changing latitudes.

Reactions: blade strike
Ive seen vids of phantoms flying in and around metal structures with no problems.

well poop....
Could it damage it as well?
seing as I calibrated in a park on second flight away from metal.

But you took off from concrete on the 2nd flight as well. You can have a perfect compass calibration stored in the craft. This still doesn't help what the compass is seeing on the ground and then the instant change in values onces it escape the metal once in the air..

Ive seen vids of phantoms flying in and around metal structures with no problems.

Correct, its the instant change from its known base values that can be a killer.

Yea its just all symbols again, the first one you posted from the other crash were it went into the lake i was able to read, it was numbers and errors shown ect ect, but this one is just symbols.

Are you just forgetting to run it thru the secret squirrel decoder website?

But you took off from concrete on the 2nd flight as well. You can have a perfect compass calibration stored in the craft. This still doesn't help what the compass is seeing on the ground and then the instant change in values onces it escape the metal once in the air..
The Second Video was the First Flight.. from the concrete.

Second Flight (that went over the lake) was my First Video and was calibrated on the grass park.

Correct, its the instant change from its known base values that can be a killer.
Ah right so if i was flying around metal structures and then flew off over water or woodland, would i then have issues with my compass going ape.

My new P3 should be here in a couple days,
maybe I should try this again for a baseline lol
On the plus ill have some extra props, 2 quick chargers, 2 remotes and a big slice of humble pie.

Another Video!

Here is the first Video, Logs and controller info.

18 seconds is when the GPS error RED banner showed and the Phantom tilted hard.
multiflight mode was not enable.

You can see my attempts to switch to Atti but it threw errors on screen because it wasn't enabled...
Tyler sorry for your loss and i hope dji will take care of it but, really, think about to learn to fly without hurry and following basic rules that are the base for a safe flight for you and for the others.

First basic rule to always follow is to hover at least 30-40sec after took off. If something is wrong with the compass like if you took off from a wrong surface, you will clearly notice that with bird behaviour.

Reactions: isopro
My new P3 should be here in a couple days,
maybe I should try this again for a baseline lol
On the plus ill have some extra props, 2 quick chargers, 2 remotes and a big slice of humble pie.

I honestly think it was mechanical failure.

Side note: Like Blade said, I always do auto take off, increase altitude a few more feet and let it hover in place for 15 to 30 seconds to make sure I don't get any weird errors or hear any weird noises.

Ah right so if i was flying around metal structures and then flew off over water or woodland, would i then have issues with my compass going ape.

No, its about the known normal values before take off. Taking off from surfaces that have metal in them can really play with compass values.

Reactions: snowghost
Tyler sorry for your loss and i hope dji will take care of it but, really, think about to learn to fly without hurry and following basic rules that are the base for a safe flight for you and for the others.

First basic rule to always follow is to hover at least 30-40sec after took off. If something is wrong with the compass like if you took off from a wrong surface, you will clearly notice that with bird behaviour.
Although the video didn't show it thats what usually i do. However with the new camera sensors i bet the GPS compass was not being used until 10 feet up or whatever.

Reactions: StevenQX
This Is crazy, The horizion does not look straight from the beginning? Gimball still going crazy. something has really messed the compass up bad!

Are you sure there was no previous crashes to this? And are you doing the flicking between modes? Or is it all automatic?

Did you try to flick modes yourself and try to take control?

Blade what should we do event like this? If it does not hold it in atti mode, we are more less screwed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119