Phantom 3 Pro-repeated momentary loss of video feed

Reaction score
How does one know if one of the antennae is bad/broken or whatever ? I'm experiencing repeated momentary loss of video feed. I've read other postings, some saying to roll back the firmware from 1.8 to 1.6 But, I really in this case do not believe this is the problem.

Reason being flying my other P3P over the exact same route I have no loss of feed at all. and this is why I think it's something on the craft.

I also notice I get a weak signal much closer that I do with my other drone. And assuming the transmitter, if it goes bad, it would probably go completely out, and not fade out.......correct ? Like a light bulb either it works or it doesn't.

Visual inspection of the antennae doesn't show any defects at all.

Any ideas anyone ?

Reset your Lightbridge.
Leave phantom off.
Unplug the cables that come from body to gimbal board and VPS. Wait 30 seconds. Plug back in and report back here..

Thanks Mako79
But I found the problem ! And I feel sort of stupid not noticing prior. I had the Channel selector set to custom, so it would only lock into one channel. I put it on Automatic, and the issue disappeared.

Thanks for your reply though !

Reactions: Oso
Thanks Mako79
But I found the problem ! And I feel sort of stupid not noticing prior. I had the Channel selector set to custom, so it would only lock into one channel. I put it on Automatic, and the issue disappeared.

Thanks for your reply though !

Strangely enough I get better distance if I set it to one channel as opposed to Auto.
Does auto change the channel in flight ?

Strangely enough I get better distance if I set it to one channel as opposed to Auto.

I'm not sure if its still working...but look for the 32 channel hack. It allows you to select unused channels at the upper end.

I'm not sure if its still working...but look for the 32 channel hack. It allows you to select unused channels at the upper end.
Yeah I've done that on the Android tablet, and normally use channel 32 .

Yes it does change repeatedly actually, and it works a LOT better, at least for me it does, especially if there's much other interference in the vicinity. When you specify a channel for it to use, it locks it in, and for whatever reason, these channels designated for these remotes constantly changes from moment to moment. Just look at the chart when you go in the remote control signal area. The connectivity indicator as far as currently best channel.
But the constant switching is seamless , you dont usually realize it all.

I use to be a stickler to specify the channel number I want, with terrible results. Turned it back to automatic, and almost all issues disappeared.

Yes it does change repeatedly actually, and it works a LOT better, at least for me it does, especially if there's much other interference in the vicinity. When you specify a channel for it to use, it locks it in, and for whatever reason, these channels designated for these remotes constantly changes from moment to moment. Just look at the chart when you go in the remote control signal area. The connectivity indicator as far as currently best channel.
But the constant switching is seamless , you dont usually realize it all.

I use to be a stickler to specify the channel number I want, with terrible results. Turned it back to automatic, and almost all issues disappeared.
Point taken

I usually stick to one channel if there is a group of us flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen