Phantom 3 Pro Distance

Reaction score
Furthest I have had my drone was 1300 feet away from me and the signal goes really low. Talking to my local hobby shop they were saying I should be able to fly 2 miles with this drone in perfect conditions?? I live in the sticks where there is (i'd imagine) little interference. Using mine most on farm for deer scouting missions. Is there a problem with my drone or are 1300-1800 more realistic expectations for out of box?

Thanks,
Tim

wow that is lousy distance check everything out to make sure is right plus antennas are pointed right

Ya that is low. I've got 6,200ft in my neighborhood, and over 2 miles out in the country and could have went further...that sounds more like what standards get...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I only have a P3A and in the park I get about 900 metres before I lose signal, however in an open field I got about a mile and a half, despite living out in the sticks their can still be strong wifi signal depending what buildings are near by but try going to more open locations with less trees (apparently they can disrupt signal)

Thanks. I bought an ArielTek booster to put over antennas, helped a little but definitely not even close to distances you all are seeing. New to this, so still reading and learning. Definitely not many houses of buildings near me though. Appreciate it.

Same here. P3A and get around 300m on open field before RC says weak signal and AC returning.

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

maybe check antennas make sure they are parallel and purpendicular for best long range signal!

Alright, this may be a dumb question but going to ask anyways. Should the wifi on the ipad i'm using be turned off? I just realize this!!!

Alright, this may be a dumb question but going to ask anyways. Should the wifi on the ipad i'm using be turned off? I just realize this!!!
Wifi on/off probably won't make any difference.
Your antennas should be pointing straight up with the flat sided facing the Phantom for best signal strength.

Furthest I have had my drone was 1300 feet away from me and the signal goes really low. Talking to my local hobby shop they were saying I should be able to fly 2 miles with this drone in perfect conditions?? I live in the sticks where there is (i'd imagine) little interference. Using mine most on farm for deer scouting missions. Is there a problem with my drone or are 1300-1800 more realistic expectations for out of box?

Thanks,
Tim
Something isn't right Tim, as you well know :) You should easily get two or three miles if there is no radio interference.
But I have no idea where you live and what the area your flying in looks like?
First and foremost you need proper annentena orientation. Once you do that the controller needs to be held in such a way that the controller is always pointed towards the Phantom.
Then you need a clear view from the controller to the Phantom. Any trees etc. In the way will cause problems.
In the case of trees I fly high enough so I can always draw a straight line from the controller to the Phantom without anything getting in the way.
Good luck!

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Are you sure you have a pro and not a 4K. Someone on here was having range problems on their "PRO" and it turned out he had bought a 4K. They look similar.

Are you sure you have a pro and not a 4K. Someone on here was having range problems on their "PRO" and it turned out he had bought a 4K. They look similar.
It says Phantom Professional on the front of drone. I just tried that Poor Man's Amplier which uses CDs and holder today. Boy its ulgy but I flew 2640 ft away from my home point before I turned around and came back and still had 100%. I'll keep going over next couple days. I have noticed a difference in video between Litchi and DJI app, seems DJI app running better for me on Ipad Mini, but I like Litchi usability much better. I still have a TON to learn, thanks for the tips.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart