Phantom 3 P/A

Reaction score
I have been working on improving my distance with my P3A. I posted in an earlier post that I am REALLY conservative when flying. It's not that I doubt my skill, it's not really knowing the limitations of the craft. I'm not looking to test them, just flat out ask that do ;)

I live in a town of about 15,000 people. The surrounding are about the same up to about 65k. I don't fly in the really heavily populated areas EVER.

In these types of environments, what is a realistic distance to expect. Not extreme. Reasonable.

Thanks so much for any help with this! I think the short cut is learning from others :)

Reactions: embayweather
I answered in your previous post, but you seem to be a nervous nellie, so to speak, and that's understandable somewhat. It really depends on where you fly as to what you will get. I as well am just outside in the rural area of a small town. Fortunately the area I am in is mostly farmland and open for at least 1/4 mile, although there are many trees. I have tested that with interfering trees, which I have quite a few, I can fly at least that 1/4 mile with no issues signal wise. Video feed will begin to break up slightly past that point. On the opposite side, right across from my house is a quite large open pasture, but there are high voltage power lines as well. So I fly over those at about 250 ft to be well clear and have flown that at least 1/2 mile with no issues at all. So it just depends.That's just everyday flying, nothing special. I have flown Litchi missions a bit farther out.

I live on big flat farm lands.
Trees, houses and powerlines are sparse.
I can probably see at least 5 miles from my front window.
I like to push my P3P to limits without hesitation.
Over water, through natural arches, relying only on FPV.
Without amplifiers or dishes, I've been pushing around 2 miles out before connection or video is lost.
I can still see GPS position and can just point it back amd go until reception is returned.
I don't know whats normal for these, and I'd love to get some kind of range extender, but I'm not ready to spend that kind of money yet.

Thanks for the answers!

I am NO DOUBT a "nervous nellie"...lol. That only because I have only seen two people ever fly a drone in person. Both were VERY close to them. Their altitude was around maybe 100 feet, but probably not more than 50 feet away. They could have basically been on a really long pole!

Anyway, like I said, I haven't even seen people fly these. I see videos on youtube, but never really find the combination of flying near a sub-urban setting, with the same equipment as me, not knowing if they modified it at all, and being able to see how far out they are.

Bottom line, it's hard to push the limits, if you aren't sure AT ALL what they are. I'm not big on reading marketing material for reliable info either ;)

So, the information you all having been giving is a HUGE help! I wish I would have thought to ask sooner!

Anyone, else feel free to jump in with more. I'm all ears!

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT