Phantom 3 Follow me mode on the ground - works @ close distance?

Reaction score
Hey guys, a new P3 user here. I'm using the Autopilot App and trying to get the Follow me feature working... except I haven't had any success. I set the altitude to 15m and the follow me distance to be also 15m because I want it to follow me as I walk around and the drone doesn't seem to be working well and just going by itself and falling down. I'm using an iPad Air to control it (data model w/GPS). All the videos I seen of the follow me feature has the operator at a substantial distance - driving a car etc? Has anyone got it to work with a close distance? Like following yourself walking around or something? Thanks!

its GSM and no I don't have an activated card in. Is it necessary? I don't think the GPS needs the SIM card in there to be active...
You are correct. It does not need to be activated to use the GPS. It just needs to be a cellular version iPad which you said in your initial post that you have. You are good from that perspective.

Reactions: JoBe
In the DJI go app it is a minimum of 10m.

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 12.56.57 PM✨.png

So I can't use my iPad Mini that is Wi-Fi only for this, but I CAN use my iPhone 6 or Note 4, both of which have 4G Cellular on right?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor