Phantom 3 EU output power limit

Dont know at this point, DJI tell retailers and costumers one thing and then there forum tech and test pilots guys another thing.
One thing is for sure, when we 100% know i will be glad to see this thread disappear down to the bottom and never come back up to the top.:D:D:D:D

I just did 1.1+ km with full bars in The Netherlands. So Im pretty sure ''CE'' versions will go 2+ km without any problems.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430937276.347163.jpg

Drone was out of sight after 300-400m, so it was kinda scary for the first time.

Last edited:
I just did 1.1+ km with full bars in The Netherlands. So Im pretty sure ''CE'' versions will go 2+ km without any problems. View attachment 18631

Drone was out of sight after 300-400m, so it was kinda scary for the first time.
Are you using the Apple app?

There's loads more talematry detain on there than the android app :-(

I went 3200 meters yesterday with full bars on both, control and FPV with stock antennas :)
Would of gone further but I **** my self and turned around

There's loads more talematry detain on there than the android app :-(

I went 3200 meters yesterday with full bars on both, control and FPV with stock antennas :)
Would of gone further but I **** my self and turned around
So this means the ec range limit is bull****

So this means the ec range limit is bull****
I think so. Lost signal on way back for around 3 mins, but was a bit windy and the bird did drift a little so I was not pointing the right way.

Reactions: downshift
I think so. Lost signal on way back for around 3 mins, but was a bit windy and the bird did drift a little so I was not pointing the right way.

That s weird. How can a tx do 3km when my custom made bird with 1Mw only 5km :) Just it cant be 25mw....

That s weird. How can a tx do 3km when my custom made bird with 1Mw only 5km :) Just it cant be 25mw....
That was my second flight so was shitting my self a little. I'm sure it would of gone to 4000m. Once I've got used to It I might push her a little.
The batt done good aswell, at the furthest point I'm sure I had 74% batt left.

I have found a way to increase the power. Plug your P3 to a computer via the USB connector, wait for it to be recognized. You will see a new device in the windows device manager "generic usb communications port". Right click that, select "properties" and tick the box "allow console acess via localhost". Then use putty or a similar terminal emulator and connect via RSH to "127.0.0.1" using username "root". Password is "0090034". You are then logged in the bird.
Change directory to /etc/config/wireless, and edit the file "lbridge.cfg" using vi. Look for the setting "txpower". Depending on if your model is CE or FCC, it will be either 5 or 9. You can change this to a maximum of 15. Not sure how that will affect temperatures of the wireless unit.. but I've tried it with a value of 12 and got a huge increase in range. Edit the setting, save the file, then power-cycle the unit.

Let me know how far you guys can get with this.

woooooo, cool find. well done.

I have found a way to increase the power. Plug your P3 to a computer via the USB connector, wait for it to be recognized. You will see a new device in the windows device manager "generic usb communications port". Right click that, select "properties" and tick the box "allow console acess via localhost". Then use putty or a similar terminal emulator and connect via RSH to "127.0.0.1" using username "root". Password is "0090034". You are then logged in the bird.
Change directory to /etc/config/wireless, and edit the file "lbridge.cfg" using vi. Look for the setting "txpower". Depending on if your model is CE or FCC, it will be either 5 or 9. You can change this to a maximum of 15. Not sure how that will affect temperatures of the wireless unit.. but I've tried it with a value of 12 and got a huge increase in range. Edit the setting, save the file, then power-cycle the unit.

Let me know how far you guys can get with this.
How far did you get before and after?

So I guess the only difference between the CE and FCC model is the copter itself. That perfectly fits to the manual where it says that the transmitter is both CE and FCC compliant.

OK I flew 8800 feet today on the official CE version and only turned back as I didn't want to land the bird on the river if it ran out of juice. I am satisfied with this... having flown my 'rogue' bird which was not apparently CE up to 12000 feet I don't think there is much to worry about. Need a good day where there is no gusts and fly both phantoms in tandem to compare signal strength

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor