Phantom 3 EU output power limit

Leekiya since you have contributed more threads on here about the fcc/eu pwr issue lets see your distance video's.

Leekiya since you have contributed more threads on here about the fcc/eu pwr issue lets see your distance video's.

Yes i have posted a lot on this subject in order to try and get to the bottom of if its factory set according to shipping destination, or GPS location set. This is being looked into for us by a DJI tech forum member who kindly said he would look into this subject deeper for us.

Any long range videos i have at present will not bring any more light to this subject. sorry.

Last edited:
Yes i have posted a lot on this subject in order to try and get to the bottom of if its factory set according to shipping destination, or GPS location set. This is being looked into for us by a DJI tech forum member who kindly said he would look into this subject deeper for us.

Any long range videos i have at present will not bring any more light to this subject for us sorry.
Just interested as to how far you have went ? so whats you best distance .

On the app you need to activate all the flight modes, I didn't know that too, I was used to the Phantom 2 with naza mode fully working.

I did just over 2.5km today, in the UK. I had good line of sight, and stayed up at maximum altitude. Signal quality was still very good at that distance, and I turned back as I was getting close to a town and was nervous to go any further.

If FCC mode was possible I would be very interested but I am relieved to know that even in EC mode 2.5km and probably 3km+ is possible.

I got 4070 meters today, going against a 10mph ish wind. Turned around at 65% battery, still had 44% battery left when I got back.
Controll signal was full bars and FPV was down by a bar or two. FPV was perfect all the way.

By far the best phantom I've ever owned

Still on stock antennas. FPVLR antennas still in box :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phloppy
Yeah even in CE mode it's enough to get longer enough to may not have enough battery to come back... Someone already got 6km in CE mode... Barely had battery left to land.

I got 4070 meters today, going against a 10mph ish wind. Turned around at 65% battery, still had 44% battery left when I got back.
Controll signal was full bars and FPV was down by a bar or two. FPV was perfect all the way.

By far the best phantom I've ever owned

Still on stock antennas. FPVLR antennas still in box :)

Wow that is pretty impressive with that battery life left too!

Today i got my best range with the CE P3 Advanced, 4513m, but something strange happen in the middle flight, i got a low battery warning...

Is there a problem with this first batch lipos?

Reactions: Meta4
Today i got my best range with the CE P3 Advanced, 4513m, but something strange happen in the middle flight, i got a low battery warning...

Is there a problem with this first batch lipos?

Looks like the warning comes on right before you get the low signal warning. Maybe the weak signal caused it? Curious if it happens when you have a great to moderate connection?

Looks like the warning comes on right before you get the low signal warning. Maybe the weak signal caused it? Curious if it happens when you have a great to moderate connection?
Not sure but maybe because I was pushing the aircraft to the limit.

I think the battery % may have turned red at 4.2k as a warning that if returning to home point was wanted then this could be an issue. When RTH is activated it flys back a lot slower speed and uses GPS so uses more juice, i think it was its kind of way of saying "you are not going to get home turn back" if that makes any sense. LOL

I think you were pushing it to the limit and it caused a blip - it went back to green within a few seconds..

I think you were pushing it to the limit and it caused a blip - it went back to green within a few seconds..

Yup. More testing soon. I could even go to about 60% and get back home. RTH is very slow and i didnt use it... I use ATTI because its a lot faster.

If you look at the power bar along the top in the video, you can see the (h) home marker on it moves right along and as leekiya said, it hits the point where it thinks it only has sufficient battery to return home, and creates a battery alert as a result.

If you look at the power bar along the top in the video, you can see the (h) home marker on it moves right along and as leekiya said, it hits the point where it thinks it only has sufficient battery to return home, and creates a battery alert as a result.
Yes I understand that now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1