Phantom 3 EU output power limit

Yes it appears the Beeps on the p3 play no reference to FCC/CE mode, it's going to take someone who has both units to try this distance test out to see if this is a auto GPS setting or not. Infact I can bet there is only one person out there now in the world that could do this.

Both my remotes play the same tune... deedeedee - this is the same sound as the inspire remote. Tomorrow I will get a remote that is meant for the non european market which has been exported privately - lets see if it makes a different sound

Your a legend mohan, and you all ways come up with the facts and share them with us. many thanks again. ;)

According to the FCC Grant of Equipment Authorization:

http://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=SS3-GL3001501&id=845254#axzz3ZCpt6cTg

the US certified P3 Tx only produces an avg. power of 38mW.

The additional ERP is achieved by using 3.5dBi antenna.

So maybe there is no difference in FCC & CE except the antenna.
If thats the case then europe owners only need to replace the antenna with either a USA model or a high gain from Horizon or fplr.But i would have thought that the transmitters would be all the same seems like a bit of a ball ache for the factory to fit different antennas bit of a chance for a screw up more likley they just ajust the transmitter same as the pv+ except that you might need to go inside and ajust it.

Last edited:
If thats the case then europe owners only need to replace the antenna with either a USA model or a high gain from Horizon or fplr.But i would have thought that the transmitters would be all the same seems like a bit of a ball ache for the factory to fit different antennas bit of a chance for a screw up more likley they just ajust the transmitter same as the pv+ except that you might need to go inside and ajust it.

ball aches aside, the US Tx is only authorized to produce 16dBm (avg) at a 50 ohm port.

Maybe the CE spec is at the test port and not ERP? Anyone??? (doubtful)

As far as antennas, or manufacturing goes, I agree having two different 'models' only differenciated by antennas would seem ripe for error and ultimately costs more.

Maybe they look different?

Last edited:
OK but isn't yours a pre-production?

I'm confused??

Cant rely on who tells that's factory pre-setted. They dont know the final customer unless it's a direct order from a single person.

Manufactureres commonly produce the same item for two or more different 'markets'. (Cars with left or right drive for example).

Not difficult.

Manufactureres commonly produce the same item for two or more different 'markets'. (Cars with left or right drive for example).

Not difficult.
Indeed they might do a production run of 5k for the USA then do another production run for Europe .

Cant compare cars with drones cmon
If they sell a car to US market, re-importing it on CE market is much more difficult than do the same with a phone.. or a bird.

Indeed they might do a production run of 5k for the USA then do another production run for Europe .

Yea, does anyone know what the rest of the world specifies?

Must be one or the other. Default as FCC unless headed for the EU?

OK but isn't yours a pre-production?

I'm confused??

I have both - the so call pre-production which is 100% IDENTICAL to the production unit that I received 2 days ago from DJI.

This pre-production talk is just a myth - the box, contents, even down to the little drawstring bag with propellers are the same. Who puts stickers, manuals etc into a pre-production unit?

Cant compare cars with drones cmon
If they sell a car to US market, re-importing it on CE market is much more difficult than do the same with a phone.. or a bird.

I'm not.

I'm comparing manufacturing.

I have both - the so call pre-production which is 100% IDENTICAL to the production unit that I received 2 days ago from DJI.

This pre-production talk is just a myth - the box, contents, even down to the little drawstring bag with propellers are the same. Who puts stickers, manuals etc into a pre-production unit?

No problem then.

Even if the EU p3's have a little less power just fit an aftermarket antenna and an amp @ least you dont need 2 amps like the p2v+.
Happy days just go out and enjoy it.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor