Phantom 3 dropped like a stone

Ok, my turn for some help..

If @Meta4, @BudWalker or anybody else can take a look at my flight from May 28th and see if its me, the remote or other that is making my P3A switch into Atti mode.

I recall this happening to me three times.

Flying with Litchi, just flying not a mission, etc.
I haven't been using DJI-Go much, been mostly doing missions.

First time it happened.
May 28th 2017
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Pretty open area, kind of windy, enough that when switched to Atti it got my attention, also remember it said O-Atti, after that I turned of VOS.

Second time, I don't remember where.

Third time.
Mondays Flight.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I defiantly got distracted and got to close to an Oak tree in my yard. I let off the controls and just kept going.
Now I wonder was it me?
Did I bump it into Atti?
I didn't let off the controls?
My satellite count dropped because I was close to that tree?
Next morning I looked at the remote and it was in P mode.
My wife said it looked just like when you put in Atti to check the wind speed, and was that the same thing that happened in May?

Some basics stuff on post #7
Standard - Phantom 3 dropped like a stone

Minor damage I think, hooked camera back up that night had a live feed, hopefully have time this weekend to fix and fly.

Thanks,

Rod
In this flight the numSats is 16, altitude 54 meters, and not close to a tree when a switch to ATTI happened. It remained in ATTI for 9 secs.
upload_2017-9-9_11-32-2.png

upload_2017-9-9_11-32-12.png

The yellow A with the green line is the location of the AC. The Litchi log is woefully inadequate when it comes to analyzing incidents. There might be more we could learn if you provided the .DAT for this flight.

First of all Thanks!

I can't believe that I posted the links reversed. :rolleyes:
But, I was just asking data information from the flights. :)

The short flight at my house, I didn't really notice the -92' in the log, I see negatives a lot in logs. The launch location could be 20' higher from the crash point, so 70' difference. Hum?

At the moment this crash, I think was caused by to low of elevation, trees blocked the GPS, to close to the tree, I didn't have time recover from the drift.
Thanks @Meta4

@BudWalker,
The first time I had seen this happen there was no crash and I new that from the location my satellite signal should have not dropped to low to go into Atti.

Being new to Litchi and the P3A, I had wondered if I had bumped the switch while using the gimbal wheel. So again thanks for your view, I don't know if I did download the .dat files back then, I will take a look. ;)

"The Litchi log is woefully inadequate when it comes to analyzing incidents."
Hum?

The DJI-Go log has more data?
Could Litchi provide the same?
"Go", what stupid name!

So if I'm using Litchi?
#1 Turn on screen recorder.
#2 Download the .dat files.

Thanks,
I will really be watching the data on the screen just before the crash. :rolleyes:
Being funny,
But a crash does really suck. :(

Rod

First of all Thanks!

I can't believe that I posted the links reversed. :rolleyes:
But, I was just asking data information from the flights. :)

The short flight at my house, I didn't really notice the -92' in the log, I see negatives a lot in logs. The launch location could be 20' higher from the crash point, so 70' difference. Hum?

At the moment this crash, I think was caused by to low of elevation, trees blocked the GPS, to close to the tree, I didn't have time recover from the drift.
Thanks @Meta4

@BudWalker,
The first time I had seen this happen there was no crash and I new that from the location my satellite signal should have not dropped to low to go into Atti.

Being new to Litchi and the P3A, I had wondered if I had bumped the switch while using the gimbal wheel. So again thanks for your view, I don't know if I did download the .dat files back then, I will take a look. ;)

"The Litchi log is woefully inadequate when it comes to analyzing incidents."
Hum?

The DJI-Go log has more data?
Could Litchi provide the same?
"Go", what stupid name!

So if I'm using Litchi?
#1 Turn on screen recorder.
#2 Download the .dat files.

Thanks,
I will really be watching the data on the screen just before the crash. :rolleyes:
Being funny,
But a crash does really suck. :(

Rod
Not sure if you're asking how to get the .DAT but go here if you want to do that. The .DAT is on the P3 itself and is independent of the tablet or the app that's being used.

I don't know if I saved the .dat file in May, I would assume anything that far back would have now been overwritten.

I will check the Phantom tonight.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor