Phantom 3 case questions

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've seen several threads about cases but I didn't see answers to some of my questions. I want to buy a case but I am worried about protecting the motors and stabilizing the camera. I imagine if the motors are sticking out of the foam then there is a higher chance of either the motors or the foam in the case being damaged. Are my assumptions correct?

I've also seen cases that don't have anything keeping the camera from swaying, and others that have a thin lining of foam to keep it stable. Is there any benefits or drawbacks of either? I am wondering if it is safer to keep the camera free or to have it rest on foam. Here is the case I am looking at purchasing.

DJI Phantom 3 Plus | GPC, Inc.

Thanks!

You need to store your Phantom with the gimbal lock installed in order to keep the camera from swaying.

I'm use the above case and I like it. It's a bit taller than necessary, so the compartments have a lot of wasted space. You might find things to fill them up with though :)

Check out the Microraptor Pro too. It's a bit more compact and just as high quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
You need to store your Phantom with the gimbal lock installed in order to keep the camera from swaying.

I'm use the above case and I like it. It's a bit taller than necessary, so the compartments have a lot of wasted space. You might find things to fill them up with though :)

Check out the Microraptor Pro too. It's a bit more compact and just as high quality.
I always use the gimbal lock but I thought the whole unit will move slightly. I could be wrong though.

The space may be a concern. Do components shift with the additional space? I don't like the idea of traveling with the props on, so I probably won't do that. What I like about that case is that it has room for my ipad mini. Did you find that the case protected the motors?

Also, what made you move away from that case?

My Phantom and batteries do not shift in either case (I still own both cases). The charger, filters, or other items you store in the compartments will shift. They will not migrate to other compartments though once the lid is closed.

Both cases can hold an iPad Mini. The motors are well protected in both cases.

I use the same one as highly suggest it. Well worth the $$ IMHO.

Sorry I was referring to the GoProfessional one only.

Does the Micro
My Phantom and batteries do not shift in either case (I still own both cases). The charger, filters, or other items you store in the compartments will shift. They will not migrate to other compartments though once the lid is closed.

Both cases can hold an iPad Mini. The motors are well protected in both cases.
Does theMicroraptor Pro have an area to protect the camera? I can't see it in the product pictures.

Does theMicroraptor Pro have an area to protect the camera? I can't see it in the product pictures.
Yes. That area is the same in both cases. The camera hangs in an open area -- nothing touches it. You should keep the gimbal lock installed when carrying the case around.

Yes. That area is the same in both cases. The camera hangs in an open area -- nothing touches it. You should keep the gimbal lock installed when carrying the case around.
I am worried about the camera hanging instead of being held inside of some sort of foam. Do you think it's okay for the camera to hang, especially if the the case is vertical and in transit?

The camera hangs on all cases (or most of them anyhow). If you're not going to keep the case flat, then you could insert the foam block in the back of the gimbal (if you still have it).

I ended up purchasing the GPC case and I like it. It fits everything very well with room to spare. I like how it there is foam included that you can place under the drone to stop the camera from moving. The foam that lines the top of the case isn't glued in so it will sometimes fall out when I open the case, but that is by no means a deal breaker. The only real issue I have with the case is that my extra blades have to sit vertically in the corner of the case with no foam surrounding them. I'm sure it isn't a big deal to most people but I am a little worried that the blades may get messed up from being knocked around without any foam to protect them.

You could always get motor covers off of amazon. I have a set and really like them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl