Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 3 Case by DJI (and battery question)

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by BobNM, Aug 5, 2015.

1. BobNM

Hi, I'm thinking about getting a Phantom 3 Advanced. The case that DJI has seems pretty inexpensive, compared to what else I see online. Is it not very good?

Also, I assume that I should stick with the batteries sold by DJI. Does anyone else make one?

It looks like the charger that comes with the Advanced unit is 60W vs 100W for the Professional. Does this mean that the batteries take longer to charge with the lesser power unit?

2. Dave Ward

The hard shell backpack is great if it has room for all you're interested in carrying. I have it and am very happy with it. There's not much extra room though. You might be disappointed if you want to carry something it's not designed to accommodate.

Yes, definitely only use legitimate DJI intelligent batteries. There have already been attempts at cheaper counterfeit batteries, but those have mostly resulted in Phantom 3s dropping from the sky. Not worth the risk.

Yes, the wattage of the chargers affects charging speed.

REBELimgs likes this.
  3. III% Streve

I have the hard shell too.. great case! My only beef with it is that its designed for a small tablet, of which is a waste of money AFAIK.. SOs I have to carry it separately, so it rids with the laptop.

4. Dave Ward

Apparently you can cut into the foam and make room for a full size iPad. I haven't tried yet because I'm still just using an iPad Mini, but it should be doable if you're willing to cut into the foam a bit.

5. III% Streve

Yes.. I trimmed a little for my lightning cable. But shouldnt have to MAKE it work. Should have been right from the start.

6. Zulu342

Thanks for the review on the case. I run with a full iPad so that is concerning too. Are there other bags in the similar price point and size that will fit a full size iPad?

7. III% Streve

Its just styrofoalm covered with some really thin felt like material. Careful rimming isnt going to hurt anything. Its just the thought of having to.

8. Mario_SB

What do you think of the idea of recycling the DJI Phantom 3 battery when they wear out? A user would send the battery and receive a new one at a discount. Sorta of like printer toner cartridges. Would this be something practical for DJI to implement?

9. Mario_SB

How much?

10. villep

I have DJI and Lowepro Drone guard CS400 backpacks and both are superb.