Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 3 Backpack

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Jacob, May 2, 2015.

1. Jacob

Jacob Administrator
    Staff Member

Guys,

We just posted a new video on our channel about a backpack that fits the Phantom 3. If you simply can't wait to get one from DJI or don't know if it will ever come, give this one a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvbkISKcwAQ

dirkclod likes this.
  2. packerman8

Any recommendations for a case under $100? No plane traveling just at home and in the car.

3. Jacob

Jacob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hard to know without having a P3 yet myself.

4. Prylar Bek

5. Jacob

Jacob Administrator
    Staff Member

It costs $240. The link is in the description of the video.

6. FASTFJR

Interesting.......a review of a Phantom backpack without putting a Phantom in it LOL $240? WOW

jwchess likes this.
  7. Turbazz

I prefer a flight case

8. F6Rider

I used to but I don't trust baggage handlers. Ship the batteries in the checked luggage and hand carry the P3, much safer. (you have to check Lo-Po batteries) But in any case $240 is more than I can spend on a backpack.

9. tcope

I bought an inexpensive backpack for my P2v+ off ebay and really like it. As others have mentioned, the weak point is the top of the shoulder pads, where they connect to the backpack. Mine was pulling loose so I simply stitched them on and it's good to go.

The P3 _does fit into the pack. However, the controller did not only as the foam was cut out to fit the P2 controller. The same backpacks are for sale on ebay for the P3. My P2 backpack has some of the foam removed from under the landing gear. This also would be needed for it to fit the P3. It could be left in but then it would be a little tight.

This pack is not made for a long hike as the Think Tank is but it's only only $60. I like that it has foam throughout the pack.

If you did a search on ebay for "Phantom 3" and backpack you will find many listed.

20150502_160447.jpg

10. cmyk22

I own this think tank pack and love it. It is expensive but you get what you pay for. Very comfortable to wear and all of my phantom accessories fit. Cannot wait to put my P3 in it. As of right now my P2v+ occupies the case.

11. cmyk22

Couple of issues with the review. First, this is a dedicated pack for your phantom. The helipad retails for $239.75. If you want a camera bag and a phantom bag then you'll need the airport accelerator ($294.75) and then the divider kit ($34.75). If your savvy you can search for discounts. The discount comes in the form of a free item. Overall the review was meh. If your going to do a review, know your product and pricing and for gods sake PLEASE put a bird and accessories in the bag.

skyhighdiver and jwchess like this.
  12. cmyk22

Here is what the helipad looks like when loaded... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430705614.942404.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430705633.171978.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430705643.773386.jpg

13. Efecan Sonmez

This is $113 and looks durable. You can travel with a plane if you need to

http://amzn.com/B00LLNLIYW

14. cmyk22

The P3pro fits nicely into the ThinkTank Helipak. Below are a couple examples...

IMG_0819.jpg IMG_0820.jpg IMG_0821.jpg

15. fakbik

I invested in something a tad cheaper: Vanguard Hi Rise II 48. Its $70 cheaper and not meant for a drone but it sure holds one well. I have a spot for my props, battery, (other batteries when they become available), tools, tablet, controller, etc. Its meant to be a DSLR backpack but honestly it doesn't make a good one (I have LowePro pack that does a far better job for that, but its too thin to carry the phantom).

Think tank makes some nice products, and it does look like they were being thoughtful here, but honestly $70 is $70.

16. downshift

Think tank airport helipak.
    I've been told that for depth around 10" is truly suggested for the phantom 3, this is only is 7.6".
    Does someone have this backpack and does it fit?

17. cmyk22

Downshift,

I have the helipak from ThinkTank. I can confirm that the Phantom 3 Professional does indeed fit perfectly. Look at the photographs above in the thread under my username. That is the P3pro in the helipak. I love this bag for my bird and highly recommend it, if it is in your budget.

18. downshift

Thanks for the reply.
    I live in the Netherlands, so I have to wait until dealers get it here.
    Could you make a front/horizontal picture from the backpack with the drone in it?:)

19. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

This was a couple of days back but it's not correct.
    For anyone wanting to travel by air, you cannot put your batteries in checked luggage.
    Airlines are taking Lithium batteries very seriously.
    [​IMG]

Your P3 batteries have a Watt Hour rating of 68Wh.

20. skyhighdiver

no you have that wrong you have to carry on batteries as I have made many flights with mine and the tradercraft case fights in almost all airlines overheads.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...edia/faa_airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

Q2. What kinds of batteries does the FAA allow in checked baggage?

A2.
    Except for spare (uninstalled) lithium metal and lithium-ion batteries, all the batteries allowed in carry-on baggage are also

allowed in checked baggage.