Phantom 3 Advanced Lightbridge not the same as Pro

Great info. Looking forward to it. I'll reply with results many months from now.

I recently purchased an untested HDMI splitter to allow the HDMI-out from the controller to feed a monitor as well as Headplay goggles for guests to view.

I recently purchased an untested HDMI splitter to allow the HDMI-out from the controller to feed a monitor as well as Headplay goggles for guests to view.
Avoid using splitter directly on RC as any loose/ earthed conductor can create enough noise to weaken the RC signals. All should have a good ground to RC.

Has it been confirmed now that the P3A with a professional camera/gimbal installed, can livestream at higher rates than 2Mb?

It's simple for long range you want low bit rate. If they set it to a high rate your range will go down. Easily tested. What really is sad is if they did lock it higher then this thread would be about "crappy" range instead lol! Gosh it's a live preview, beats the pants off the black n white tv I grew up with... It's only used for framing a shot not recording... Geez you paid $300 dollars less I'm perfectly satisfied with the product!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Has it been confirmed now that the P3A with a professional camera/gimbal installed, can livestream at higher rates than 2Mb?
Yes its confirmed. I did it myself. You need to update the FW to P3P to get it working.

It's simple for long range you want low bit rate. If they set it to a high rate your range will go down. Easily tested. What really is sad is if they did lock it higher then this thread would be about "crappy" range instead lol! Gosh it's a live preview, beats the pants off the black n white tv I grew up with... It's only used for framing a shot not recording... Geez you paid $300 dollars less I'm perfectly satisfied with the product!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
You are correct that the P3A livestream quality is good enough for framing purposes, but i'm planning to use it for fpv-flying with goggles. I'm not sure that range is in this case a completely valid argument because the limitation is for the most part in preprocessing the datastream, not the transmission itself.

Yes its confirmed. I did it myself. You need to update the FW to P3P to get it working.
Thanks.:)

I have perfect streaming to my iPad all the time with my advanced, and to me that's all I need to worry about

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Received the pro-camera yesterday and installed it today on my Advanced. Since i live in Europe, i can't change the channel or bitrate setting, but the livestream is now about 6 Mbps.

Still waiting for the hdmi board and headplay. :)

I have perfect streaming to my iPad all the time with my advanced, and to me that's all I need to worry about

Have you compared the video feed with a P3P?

My father has a P3P and I have a P3A. The difference in quality of the live view is quite drastic when both tablets are side by side. Had I know this I wouldn't have felt bad at all for spending an extra $250 for the PRO!!!!

Have you compared the video feed with a P3P?

My father has a P3P and I have a P3A. The difference in quality of the live view is quite drastic when both tablets are side by side. Had I know this I wouldn't have felt bad at all for spending an extra $250 for the PRO!!!!

As the old saying goes, ignorance is bliss, yes your right if you compared them, but to me I haven't seen the p3p so I'm pretty happy with my advanced.

I uploaded a cached video file from the Go app. Shows how truly bad the compression artifacts are. If this was my product I would be embarrassed to show this to anyone.

On my P3A it looks fine to me. I'm outputting from the Nvidia Shield K1 to HDML-Cloner Box to record the live feed, not my screen capture app. I'm more than positive it'll look just the same with the Goggle One FPV. Please excuse my messy back yard :oops:

Last edited:
I don't know if this was mentioned here before, but using HDMI glasses with the P3 Advanced (HDMI out module) I not only noticed a crappy video quality, but even worse: a totally poor frame rate of 5 to 10 FPS only! The frame rate was very jumpy.

Have to say that I enabled double video output (HDMI out + App live view), if this makes any difference.

To make it even worse. frame rate got REALLY down when I started video recording. It was almost impossible to fly then!

It seemed to me as if the hardware was not able to perform this task at a descent framerate. At least with the P3 Advanced. How could you ever fly FPV under such poor conditions? This is why I returned the Advance to the store.

Someone posted a cached video here, taken from the app's video cache. This is EXACTLY the video quality I had using glasses and HDMI out (plus a choppy frame rate):

Could anyone confirm these framerate issues using the HDMI out module?

Does the P3 Professional do a better job here (better FPS, smoother video processing for FPV)?

Well, crashed my P3S, so i might go and buy me a P3A...
If so, i'll b back here very soon.

I hadn't seen this thread before but I'd like to add what I've seen...
I have the HDMI module on a P3P and have been happy. I've also seen side by side video of a Pro and Advanced and there's a striking difference. It may
not be noticeable with the cheaper FPV goggles coming out but with the Headplay's it was very easy to see the difference. I took a video of my Pro using
a HDMI recorder inline between the controller and the Headplay's to show what I see. I have changed the setting on the Go app but never could really see
a lot of difference between 2MB and 8MB. The difference between the Pro and Advanced is the streaming rate and is why the Pro looks better. The resolution
is the same between them, 720p at 30fps. I apologize if this has been covered before too...

Video (looks rather drab as I'm shooting in Log and made no color correction at all to give a real view of the output):

Image13.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka