Phantom 3 Advance Range Issue

Reaction score
Hey All!!

I flew my new DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. I had issues with the range and was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it. I could only get 3,000 feet max away before I lost video and signal.

The conditions I flew in was perfect and there was no interference. I was flying over the ocean so no idea why it would kill out before 1.5 miles.

Let me know if you know how to to fix.
Thank you!

Joey

I was 101 feet in the air and 2,921 feet away. I had the antennas facing up and in the direction on the drone.

I was 101 feet in the air and 2,921 feet away. I had the antennas facing up and in the direction on the drone.
Don't you mean "pointing up and the flat side facing the drone"? That's the correct orientation.

In general, anytime you start losing signal, the recommendation is to increase altitude. Could get you clear of ground or other obstacles. And, in your case, as you get farther out, the angle between the horizon and your bird gets smaller. This increases the interaction length between your signal and the ground which can cause some disruption of the signal ( lowering your effective power).

In general, anytime you start losing signal, the recommendation is to increase altitude. Could get you clear of ground or other obstacles. And, in your case, as you get farther out, the angle between the horizon and your bird gets smaller. This increases the interaction length between your signal and the ground which can cause some disruption of the signal ( lowering your effective power).
Awesome. I will give it a try this weekend!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl