Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 3 4k; live feed pixelates every so often...

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by NRav90, Mar 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NRav90

As the title implies... I sometimes change from photo to video mode (or vice versa) and my live feed becomes pixelated and digitized. Is that an app issue? My photos/video are unaffected; I tried taking a picture/video when this happens. I switch back to either photo/video mode and the live feed goes back to normal, sometimes it takes a couple switches back and forth to reinstate the live feed.

I am using a Nexus 7 2012 tablet - is that the issue? I side-loaded the APK outside of the Google Play Store.

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

What you're describing is what occurs when you're running a device that is too slow to run DJI GO. The Nexus 7 (2012) is not on the recommended device list.

3. NRav90

Thats what I figured... ****.

4. AngryBird

I had similar problem with my Samsung galaxy S3 (its definitely not in recommended device list).
    What solved my problem:
    1st - connect your aircraft and start DJI GO app, enter camera mode.
    2nd - in photo mode go to camera settings and set your aspect ratio to 16:9.
    3rd - restart app, then switching to video recording mode should not affect live view.
    (Sometimes I need to repeat steps one or two times, because when I restart app my settings hasn`t been saved, I still see 4:3 aspect ratio)
    Let us know if it helped.

chops411 likes this.
  5. NRav90

I will try tonight and report back! I might also try overclocking tablet too... Speed it up a notch

6. NRav90

You are a magician. By simply setting my aspect ratio to 16:9 in photo mode, I get no pixelation or digitizing when switching back and forth from photo to video mode. I switched back and forth like 20 times (fast and slow) and no issues. As soon as I went to 4:3 in photo mode, issues propagated. Solution to the problem :)

7. AngryBird

Glad I could help.