Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 3 4K, I'm Confused...

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by ryantrax, Jan 4, 2016.

1. ryantrax

Ok, for those of you that haven't seen it yet, DJI just announced the Phantom 3 4K. I'm really not sure what they were thinking with this one. Looks like a glorified Phantom 3 Standard. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just buy the P3 Pro. Maybe the not yet revealed price would be the reason.

robdigphot likes this.
  2. robdigphot

I agree, I guess they have exchanged the lightbridge for wifi and made it a little cheaper than the Pro?

Xorge likes this.
  3. tyson199

What's next the phantom 3 2.7K

4. robinb

yes thats the standard.

5. tyson199

Haha oh yeh forgot about that, don't see the point of this 3 4K one

6. tcope

So it's the P3S but with a 4K camera.

DJI has such stupid marketing and ID stupidity. Problems I see... they are simply calling this the Phantom 3 4k and it has the Professionals gold look. So many different models now that people have a hard time telling them apart. This should have simply been named the Phantom 3 Standard 4k.

I'm guessing price point will be about $800-$850.

7. robinb

I wonder if the light bridge version is going to disappear ?

8. Sky King

9. brad2388

Just 480p in the dji go app. Not 720p

10. ryantrax

I think they are just trying to generate revenue without really having to come up with something new, just rearrange some parts and pieces and slap a new label on it. Like the just released Inspire 1 Pro Black... really original lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

11. Ted4797

They could make some money by selling parts for their fragil camera gimbal. jeez

12. ruanhaas

It's got VPS aswell, I don't know man. The main difference here is Lightbridge vs WIFI. Why??

13. Andrea

Honestly, I think the products that DJI released the last year (Inspire, P3P and P3A) were far too innovative and beyond any other device in their price range.
    I am not only a proud owner of a P3A since they initially released in May 2015, but also still an astonished one since everytime I fly it I still can't belive its capabilities in terms of stability, distance, flight time, fpv quality.
    I know I have spent money on it, but even today I think nothing compare to it (again, in its price range).

Looking at the Inspire world, they have pushed it even further with the "new" cameras (micro Four Thirds and thermal).

Again, I think there is little than DJI can do to improve these aircrafts, except decreasing the prices (by removing features, of course).

Probably they want to increase their presence in the cheaper aircraft market.

Just guessing.

4wd likes this.
  14. Andrea

EDIT: forget it. I read the answer somewhere else (Phantom 3 Pro/Adv Maximum Distance | DJI Phantom Forum)

Hey, I'm confused too.
    I was having a look at the DJI Phantom comparison table (DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography) and I noticed something "strange". When I bought my P3A it was stated that its maximum range was 1,2miles (2km).
    Now I see on the tech specs that this distance has been raised to 2,1miles (3,5km). Why? Did I miss some SW/HW improvement on the way? The maximum range I can get in my area with my craft hasn't changed (a little bit more than 2km, tested yesterday with firmware 1.6.something).

#14 Andrea, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  15. Dirty Bird

Actually the range of the current P3P/P3A models is stated as 5KM (3.1 miles), a hefty increase from the 2KM range when first released. I'm thinking Lightbridge bs. Lightbridge 2.