Phantom 2 with Fatshark PredatorV2

Reaction score
I am a Phantom version 1 user, I am planing to buy a new phantom but i am not sure which one to choose. The P2V+ has everything in the box but i've heard some complaints about the camera quality and the app.

Is it worth giving extra money to buy a Phantom 2 with gopro black edition 3+ and a fatshark predator v2 set? Will this set better than the phantom 2 vision plus?

Thanks a lot,

I only have the H3-3D version but it's been my impression that if you're interested in shooting video primiarily, the GoPro version might be better. If I was only in FPV or survey, etc., I would certainly go for the Vision.

canerakcil said:
I am a Phantom version 1 user, I am planing to buy a new phantom but i am not sure which one to choose. The P2V+ has everything in the box but i've heard some complaints about the camera quality and the app.

Is it worth giving extra money to buy a Phantom 2 with gopro black edition 3+ and a fatshark predator v2 set? Will this set better than the phantom 2 vision plus?

Thanks a lot,

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to spend lots of time in post production and are planning to shoot in Protune mode with raw white balance etc then yes, the P2 with an H3-3D and GoPro will be better. The extra modes such as 1080p60 and 2.7k are great for getting results that are ver professional.

If you plan to take pictures and video and stick them online and generally just have fun, the P2V+ is your best bet as it just works straight out of the box with no messing around.

I generally agree although I can't imagine any client of mine wanting the fisheye of 2.7K. I only ever shoot in 1080 although I think there may be use for 1440.

rilot said:
It depends on what you want to do. If you want to spend lots of time in post production and are planning to shoot in Protune mode with raw white balance etc then yes, the P2 with an H3-3D and GoPro will be better. The extra modes such as 1080p60 and 2.7k are great for getting results that are ver professional.

If you plan to take pictures and video and stick them online and generally just have fun, the P2V+ is your best bet as it just works straight out of the box with no messing around.

adanac said:
I generally agree although I can't imagine any client of mine wanting the fisheye of 2.7K.

Then just click "remove fisheye" when you import your footage in the GoPro Studio software. :roll:

adanac said:
I generally agree although I can't imagine any client of mine wanting the fisheye of 2.7K.

Then capture in 2.7k medium. Correcting fisheye in GoPro Studio really degrades the video quality.

Death From Above said:
Then capture in 2.7k medium. Correcting fisheye in GoPro Studio really degrades the video quality.

I've only got the GoPro3 Black so cannot do medium in 2.7 - only wide. Always remove fisheye in Studio software and the result is stunning. Pin sharp. And I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to quality. What degradation are you seeing?

BigBadFun said:
Death From Above said:

I've only got the GoPro3 Black so cannot do medium in 2.7 - only wide. Always remove fisheye in Studio software and the result is stunning. Pin sharp. And I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to quality. What degradation are you seeing?

See below. Unacceptable distortion and softening of detail especially around the edges.

Attachments

• fisheye.jpg
    fisheye.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 477
It's true, I don't also don't care for the extreme softness and distortion created by the fisheye correction of GoPro Studio. Moreover, I also typically import directly into Premiere Pro.

Do you not have an increased risk of seeing props and gear in 2.7K?

My latest client (MTV) has asked I shoot in 1080 Medium.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl