Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

phantom 2 vision+ won't power on

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by ptrwinn, Nov 12, 2014.

1. ptrwinn

It was my first time flying the drone and I flew it fine. When i landed on the ground, I had pulled the levers to both corners to power off the propellers but the dji tipped over and kept spinning. One of the blades got chipped/broken off and all blades kept spinning while it was tipped over. It eventually turned off by itself after 10 seconds and I don't know how. I changed out the propellers and powered the phantom back on by pressing power button once and holding it down for 2 secs. I hear one click noise and all lights blink and that's it. It wouldn't power on. I repeated the steps and it kept doing it. Removed battery and put it back in and tried again and still no luck. Please help me! This is the new version 2 with the updated motors and controller.

2. hunch

PM'ed you

you have a short in it hence it is not turning on, clicks and lights just flash for a split second.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

After you're back up and running again -- keep in mind that holding the left stick down for a few seconds will also power down. Powering down by moving both sticks down and to the center is known to cause this kind of accident.

4. CityZen

The likely culprit is one or two of the ESCs. If you are handy with soldering and with a multimeter, it's probably not so hard or expensive to fix. But you might also see about returning it for repair.

5. ptrwinn

thanks guys! Looks like the culprit is one of the ESC. One of the chip on the board just burnt out and I can smell it on the board. I will definitely keep in mind that holding the left stick down will shut it off. That really helpful to know!

6. krsdj1

I always push the left stick down to turn off never both sticks to turn off,my friend had a similar accident doing that,be careful and i hope you fix your bird

7. rickasaurus

Totally agree with the comments to shut down the motors by holding down the left stick. Initially I did it with the two sticks, but it became unstable almost every time.