Phantom 2 Vision Waypoint Update?

Reaction score
In December 2013, DJI announced a new firmware coming to the P2V in December, early January...
The FW was to include Waypoint functionality.

Does anyone know the progress on this? If and when the FW is released, will any additional hardware need to be purchased to make this work?

Been real excited since the announcement.... Heard nothing since.

netphreak said:
The waypoint datalink is sold as a separate product, it's not included with the Phantom 2.

Currently that's correct, but there's speculation that the feature may be available using the existing data connection in the Vision (no extra hardware needed). However, there's been no confirmation it will or won't.

What data connection in the phantom? Unless you're running a multiplexed transceiver, there's no way to send and receive any data for a ground station. You have a receiver for your controls,and possibly a transmitter for your FPV solution. You'd need a new piece of hardware to allow the craft to send telemetry data down, unless a waypoint system is almost useless.

It's a rather exciting addition to this all in one package. I'm still having loads of fun with my phantom and taking some really incredible footage.

Can't wait for the new addition...

So january has come and gone... When is the update coming? Anyone with some inside info?

DJI news:

"Additionally, a separate firmware and mobile phone App update will be released providing the Phantom 2 Vision with Ground Station capabilities including waypoint editing and autonomous waypoint navigation."

I understand that it's a software solution. Just an update needed to implement GS functionality.

I think will be great addition no doubt ..... but is going to be some awesome carnage coming, given people crash everywhere now, .... imagine whats going to happen when loads of people send their drones off into the ether unsighted autonomous .... I cant wait to read the threads compaining its ALL DJI's fault when they dont come back ;)

So, the firmware update is here. Yay!

To be clear ... if I purchase the DJI Datalink, it will be compatible with the Phantom 2 Vision?

On their site it currently says (maybe not updated yet): "The iPad Ground Station app is fully compatible with the DJI Phantom 2, Naza-M V2, WooKong-M and A2. It makes complex waypoint flying as simple as a few taps on a screen."

That list doesn't include the P2V.. but I guess that's what this recent firmware update was all about.

So, I buy the $250 DataLink, install the groundstation software on a PC or iPad, then we're good?

dbcch said:
So, I buy the $250 DataLink, install the groundstation software on a PC or iPad, then we're good?

Don't do that. P2V groundstation is software only solution, you don't need extra hardware. Just be patient and wait...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl