Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Yep... £950 inc tax in the uk
Camera looks like the same spec - 14 mega pixels.
Range looks a bit better, but you can get the same range with a PV without much trouble.

So you get a 3rd axis on the gimbal, compared to the aftermarket PV ones.
How well the gimbal works you we'll have to wait and see.

And what problems it'll have remain to be seen. Early PVs were not that good.

It's sort of a bit of an upgrade. Not enough new in it to be worth getting if you have a PV, you'd wait for the P3 I think!

screen capture of the buy now page on website

Attachments

• dji post.png
    dji post.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 452
On DJI specs under "Range Extender" it shows 300m for DJI Vision and 500-700m for Vision +. Are they referring to the distance for aircraft itself or camera wifi?

Gimbal looks kinda looks like plastic ? If it's the same camera would you be better with the rotor pixel gimbal ?
I don't care about the extended range that much.
You never know with dji , sure doesn't look as nice as the phantom 2 gimbal.

Mori55 said:
Gimbal looks kinda looks like plastic ? If it's the same camera would you be better with the rotor pixel gimbal ?
I don't care about the extended range that much.
You never know with dji , sure doesn't look as nice as the phantom 2 gimbal.

The camera indeed does look very cheap and plastic but I guess it'll be much lighter than the P2 with the H3-3D and gopro.

tedw123 said:
On DJI specs under "Range Extender" it shows 300m for DJI Vision and 500-700m for Vision +. Are they referring to the distance for aircraft itself or camera wifi?
The Range Extender works with the camera, not the aircraft itself.

I sat on the fence for a couple weeks, reading through this forum for hours at a time. Was close to opting for the Vision until not too many days ago I saw mention of the Vision+ here on this board and decided to wait for the release of specs, availability, price on the DJI site. Like many of you, I checked the DJI site numerous times this weekend, expecting to find the new model. And maybe an hour ago I found a link to a new video (here of course) on unboxing and assembly of the new Vision+. Back to the DJI site and the new Vision+ was right there (finally) on the front page, and just had to hit the "buy" button for $1299. No need for me to mention any further details -- go to the source...

tizzl10 said:
as soon as its available on amazon, im buying!

It is if you want to pay $600 more ($1,999)! What a rip off, disappointed in Amazon. I'll be ordering direct from DJI for $1,299!

Looks like the range extender DB increased from <17db to 20db. I wonder if this can be swapped out w/ the current extender to increase range.

drone4me said:
Looks like the range extender DB increased from <17db to 20db. I wonder if this can be swapped out w/ the current extender to increase range.

I wondered the same thing. If so I'll probably stick with my Rotorpixel gimbal as the camera is not any better on Vision+, actually no 1080/60i shown.

I'm gonna order in a couple weeks. I assume there will be one or two firmware/phone app updates coming, and I want all that sorted out first.
I've got a P2V with 3 flights, always caught by hand on landing, the DJI Lens kit including a UV Haze and Polarizing Filter, and superbly crafted hard Aluminum Locking Case ---- NOW FOR SALE.

bobomet said:
I'm gonna order in a couple weeks. I assume there will be one or two firmware/phone app updates coming, and I want all that sorted out first.
I've got a P2V with 3 flights, always caught by hand on landing, the DJI Lens kit including a UV Haze and Polarizing Filter, and superbly crafted hard Aluminum Locking Case ---- NOW FOR SALE.

For how much u gonna sell it?

Schenso said:
bobomet said:

For how much u gonna sell it?

PM Me .... it'll be VERY attractive!

Man this is what I was hoping for... didn't care about camera quality upgrade... really wanted the gimbal package ... and the bit of extra range will be well worth the small price increase... probly do the same as some others and wait till they start shipping and reviews start popping up... see how this bird does in the hands of some honest reviewers before I pull the trigger... glad I waited and let things play out.

just printed out return labels for Amazon for my new unopened PV2 and just purchased the Plus version form DJI with extra battery. It came out cheaper than the Amazon purchase and I get the gimbal.

$1389.00 to the door for the PV2+ and extra battery and 3 axis gimbal....versus $1199.00 and $169.00 for extra battery for the PV2 from Amazon.

from the looks of it my order # is 2840...so dayum they sold that much in the short 2 hours it was listed...WOW!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart