Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 vision plus v3 retractable landing gear

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by WildnCrazyone, Apr 30, 2015.

1. WildnCrazyone

Does anyone know if the upgraded (HML650 Retractable Folding Landing Gear) works on a phantom 2 vision + v3? It says it does on the description but I can't find any directions. The compass is molded to the landing gear. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. CoolClownFish

This video shows it does. I was thinking about it but see no real need for it.

3. WildnCrazyone

Thanks, I did watch this but it doesn't show much. I was wondering about the compass removal. Its molded to the stock landing gear and I don't want to damage the compass when I add the new retractable landing gear. I want to see how to install it before I get it.

4. Jacob

Jacob Administrator
    Staff Member

5. N017RW

Yea, good point.

It doesn't [yet] appear they have addressed the issue with the new anti-static compass.

This is a show-stopper if you're not inclined to try and fab your own way of mounting the integrated compass onto your a/c in some way.

6. WildnCrazyone

I have one on the way so I guess I will be doing a mod of some sort. I hope I don't damage the anti static compass. I have too much money invested to wreck it. Shhh... Don't tell my wife! he he. I can laugh when she's not home. :)

7. N017RW

It can be handled safely but you'll need to keep it in the plastic 'coffin'.

Make sure it is re-mounted as far away from the fuselage as the cable allows or other limitation.

Maintain the same orientation up/down-front/back and of course re-cal after all the mods and assembly is done.

8. WildnCrazyone

Thanks for the advice. I am new to all of this but it really interests me. I just hope I can keep it flying as I do mods to it. Thanks again everyone.

9. Marlin009

Here is what I did on mine. They aren't retractable but they are similar I think. I just cut the leg off and screwed it on with the new landing gear. Just needed a couple of longer screws.

image.jpg

Airborne likes this.
  10. WildnCrazyone

Good Idea. Thanks I will take a look at the landing gear when I get it. Looks like it could work.

11. WildnCrazyone

My upgraded HML 650 Folding Landing Gear came in the mail today. Does anyone know how to install these? It came with just 4 basic pictures and doesn't explain anything at all. Where do I get power from and where do I plug it in? I am lost. I have a Phantom vision plus v3. Thanks in advance.

12. N017RW

What is your r/c and electronics experience?

13. RoyVa

What does the retractable landing gear do for you if the camera doesn't rotate 360 degrees. Just cool ? Any practical use? I would be afraid if it was accidently left up and you land on the camera.... Ops to 600 bucks.

14. WildnCrazyone

I am fairly new to this experience but I have messed around with electronics in the past. Can you give me some guidance?

15. WildnCrazyone

Very good point, but I have read that the landing gear can activate on fail safe mode and I also heard that it can be activated by altitude. I just don't know how to hook it up to make it work correctly.

16. N017RW

Well there's really only one option I'm aware of for adding retracts to an OEM P2V+ without having to deal with a lot of other issues.

RCDepot I believe.

Those other things you've heard... don't apply to your quad.

In other words what you have is not what you want.

17. WildnCrazyone

Great, I wasted some more money. It says it works on the Vision plus, thats why I bought it. Live and learn I guess.

18. N017RW

I Googled them and there is no interface shown for a Phantom.

I can be wrong but the lack of instructions for your specific quad should be a red flag.

19. WildnCrazyone

I bought it on Ebay. This is how it was described on the site.
    Upgraded HML650 Retractable Folding Landing Gear DJI Phantom 1, 2, Vision+ FC40

20. N017RW

Whoa!

Ok, different story then.

My apologies.

I was not aware of this Upgrade version.
    It seems to be similar to the RCDepot offerinjg.