Phantom 2 Vision Plus No Data to Phone

Reaction score
I just got a Phantom 2 Vision Plus that has never flown before. I got everything updated and the drone flies beautifully, but I cannot get telemetry or video on my phone. I am also unable to trigger recording or view sd card files. I have verified that the drone is transmitting a wifi signal, and the extender successfully binds. I am using an old Android 4 phone with the app to ensure no issues. Is the issue my range extender???

I have a p2+ and the transmitter is burned out. It has no video but has telemetry. It also takes photos and video. Your issue has been documented here I believe. Did you search for those details? Have you removed the sd card to see if the files have been saved proper?

I just got a Phantom 2 Vision Plus that has never flown before. I got everything updated and the drone flies beautifully, but I cannot get telemetry or video on my phone. I am also unable to trigger recording or view sd card files. I have verified that the drone is transmitting a wifi signal, and the extender successfully binds. I am using an old Android 4 phone with the app to ensure no issues. Is the issue my range extender???

The usual issue is that the wifi module goes bad and needs to be reflashed, i have a video guide below but even in this state the camera can be controlled to take picures and video and will send telemetry data.

This sounds more like a bad cable between the camera and the wifi module/motherboard inside the quad, open the cover up (watch out for the gps cable) and check that all the wires are plugged into both the camera and all the relevant slots in the mainboard, it may be best to unplug them and then reseat them.

I am based in the UK and repair the old P2 quads if you want to send it to me for analysis and repair, email me direct at [email protected]

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Did you know there's a button you can press on the drone to start recording?

The problem is probably not a bad range extender. Besides - you've already confirmed that it has binded successfully.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl