Phantom 2 Vision Plus gimbal/camera not working

Reaction score
I just received my first Phantom 2 Vision Plus this weekend. Charged all the batteries and went out for the calibration and maiden flight. When I powered everything up, I noticed that the flight battery, SSD card and satellites indicators on the Droid APP were all greyed out. I then noticed that the camera LED on the Phantom was not lit nor had the gimbal come to life (it was just hanging there like when I took off the brace). I have contacted my dealer and reported a faulty device, but have not heard back yet. Am I missing something on the start up or is this device faulty?

Definitely a faulty unit. As soon as the Phantom battery is turned on, even without the transmitter or anything on, the gimbal/camera should do a self test and come to life (straighten up) and the green indicator on the gimbal should be lit. I'd definitely keep hounding the dealer, demand a replacement! It's brand new, it should work. They're supposedly fully tested before they're shipped.
When I received mine, straight out of the box I noticed the gimbal was bent, absolutely no response to numerous emails sent to DJI customer support. I've heard of a few gimbal/camera faults straight out of the box.
I also had some type of motor failure on the weekend, resulting in the gimbal/camera & both landing legs completely destroyed. Of course DJI don't want to know about it do they?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl