Phantom 2 Vision ground station issue

Reaction score
Hello, first post and greetings !

I have a friend who has a Phantom Vision 2 and he just installed the ground station app and all seems to work fine until he hits ok, then reads not in GPS mode. I have updated all the software to current versions. I have manually calibrated GPS and tracks 11 or so sats.
His phone (android) shows the google maps, we can select the way points and height and that's it. The top right corner reads Mode N/A.

John

westridge said:

I have a friend who has a Phantom Vision 2 and he just installed the ground station app and all seems to work fine until he hits ok, then reads not in GPS mode. I have updated all the software to current versions. I have manually calibrated GPS and tracks 11 or so sats.
His phone (android) shows the google maps, we can select the way points and height and that's it. The top right corner reads Mode N/A.

John

Check the location..you're not in an airport restricted zone are you? That's what happened to me first time I tried it and realized I was too close to an airport and the firmware blocked me. It's different for the ground station than it is for manual flying.

the nearest airport is a good 10 miles out. I ran it through assistant software and all updated, s1 and s2 run through all modes no issues. GPS works fine atti works fine but using the way points tells me to turn on GPS and top left corner of phone reads Mode N/A ?

He\we have been flying the drone flawless with his current setup, taking pics videos and recording to his phone no issues there. We downloaded the maps as required and ran the app, its shows the map, the red circle and the drone position, we then select the way points we would like toi fly the target height and then when we click on ok it reads "switched to GPS mode" I have confirmed its in GPS and working correctly but still it doesn't seem to start. am I missing a setting ? update issue ?

westridge said:

John
I have exactly the same problem.All software is the latest, without camera. Maybe I need to update it

The app goes to either wi-fi or your network to load the maps, dropping the phantom wi-fi. Once you have planned your route and set your heights and BEFORE you hit OK switch back to your wi-fi page and re-connect the phantom. This works for me, and is buried in the GS manual.

I did he update, App 1.0.52 Camera 1.1.7 Naza-m 3.06, click on camera said no update at this time. I will try F6Rider suggested see if that works

Also to mention in assistant software the mode bottom left reads GPS or Att or Manual if selected, on the phone view it reads Mode N/A ??

The latest camera firmware is 1.1.9. This update has to be loaded directly onto the memory card in order to update. Instructions are in the manual.

Old Gazer said:
Instructions are in the manual.

Exactly. It's not an auto update like the Phantom or RC. You need to download the firmware from the DJI download page for your model.

If you can't find it in the User Manual, there's also a readme with instructions included with the download.

Yes. The camera must be the last software, only then ground station works. Thanks.

I've got the Vision with Rotorpixel and Vision+. The last two flights I took the Vision out to fly.. what a joy to fly. Has faster and lease GPS interference from the Wifi..

I'm trying to download http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download
Phantom 2 Vision FC200 Firmware v1.1.9

to get the latest firmware for the camera so I can get Groundcontrol Mode N/A message to go away..
Anyone know where the latest location is to download it?

Thx

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl