Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 Vision ground station issue

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by westridge, Aug 5, 2014.

1. westridge

Hello, first post and greetings !

I have a friend who has a Phantom Vision 2 and he just installed the ground station app and all seems to work fine until he hits ok, then reads not in GPS mode. I have updated all the software to current versions. I have manually calibrated GPS and tracks 11 or so sats.
    His phone (android) shows the google maps, we can select the way points and height and that's it. The top right corner reads Mode N/A.

John

2. BigTulsa

Check the location..you're not in an airport restricted zone are you? That's what happened to me first time I tried it and realized I was too close to an airport and the firmware blocked me. It's different for the ground station than it is for manual flying.

3. westridge

the nearest airport is a good 10 miles out. I ran it through assistant software and all updated, s1 and s2 run through all modes no issues. GPS works fine atti works fine but using the way points tells me to turn on GPS and top left corner of phone reads Mode N/A ?

4. Elwood58

Is the GPS in your phone working properly? Can you se a Map application successfully? Sounds like the problem is with the cell phone.

5. westridge

He\we have been flying the drone flawless with his current setup, taking pics videos and recording to his phone no issues there. We downloaded the maps as required and ran the app, its shows the map, the red circle and the drone position, we then select the way points we would like toi fly the target height and then when we click on ok it reads "switched to GPS mode" I have confirmed its in GPS and working correctly but still it doesn't seem to start. am I missing a setting ? update issue ?

6. Old Gazer

Make sure the camera firmware is up to date. Check it in the app while connected to the Phantom.

7. -T800-

I have exactly the same problem.All software is the latest, without camera. Maybe I need to update it

8. F6Rider

The app goes to either wi-fi or your network to load the maps, dropping the phantom wi-fi. Once you have planned your route and set your heights and BEFORE you hit OK switch back to your wi-fi page and re-connect the phantom. This works for me, and is buried in the GS manual.

9. timbertitans

I had the same issue until I updated the camera firmware

10. westridge

I did he update, App 1.0.52 Camera 1.1.7 Naza-m 3.06, click on camera said no update at this time. I will try F6Rider suggested see if that works

11. westridge

Ok so no luck, this is frustrating lol

12. westridge

Also to mention in assistant software the mode bottom left reads GPS or Att or Manual if selected, on the phone view it reads Mode N/A ??

13. Old Gazer

The latest camera firmware is 1.1.9. This update has to be loaded directly onto the memory card in order to update. Instructions are in the manual.

14. ProfessorStein

Exactly. It's not an auto update like the Phantom or RC. You need to download the firmware from the DJI download page for your model.

If you can't find it in the User Manual, there's also a readme with instructions included with the download.

15. -T800-

Yes. The camera must be the last software, only then ground station works. Thanks.

16. Tony99982

Where is the camera firmware for the Vision 2?
    I can only see assistant firmware...

17. Tony99982

Dank je Geert!

18. westridge

Awesome thank you I will check into this now

19. westridge

Ok down loaded the update and works like a charm :)

20. NRL777

I've got the Vision with Rotorpixel and Vision+. The last two flights I took the Vision out to fly.. what a joy to fly. Has faster and lease GPS interference from the Wifi..

I'm trying to download http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download
    Phantom 2 Vision FC200 Firmware v1.1.9

to get the latest firmware for the camera so I can get Groundcontrol Mode N/A message to go away..
    Anyone know where the latest location is to download it?

Thx